Madison Group is a diversified holding company with interests spanning commercial and residential real estate, industrial automation, data and media. Headquartered in Vancouver, BC, Madison Group has a 45-year track record of building successful businesses, empowering our more than 1,500 employees, and giving back to the communities in which we work.
The Tier 2 Technical Support candidate will use exceptional customer service and technical skills to resolve issues primarily for 5 office locations in Greater Vancouver. In addition, the candidate will be part of a team of technicians who support over 1200 end-users at 70 remote sites in Canada and the US. The ideal candidate is a proven problem-solver with a strong orientation toward helping end-users be as productive as they can. You must have the requisite skills to troubleshoot technical issues on multiple platforms including Windows and O365; to monitor and troubleshoot network activity, performance, and availability; to install, configure, secure, and maintain software applications and to enter and maintain work orders in Madison Group’s ticketing system.
Daily activities may include resolving issues with remote connections, configuring access and permissions to network resources such as printers and Wi-Fi, maintaining core applications re: Anti-virus, Office 365, Adobe Creative Cloud, and playing a key role in delivering high-priority IT projects concerning security and software deployments.
The Right Candidate Has:
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional people skills with a strong desire to assist end users
- Creating a positive customer experience
- Increasing employee satisfaction
- Constantly curious and proactive in learning new technologies
- The ability to work independently with little supervision and as part of a team
- The ability to train and support end-users in a variety of Madison Group’s business applications
- The ability to travel to various locations in Greater Vancouver, a valid BC Driver’s License, and access to a vehicle.
- Efficiently enter, track, and maintain work orders in Madison Group’s ITSM
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they relate to network, hardware, or software applications
- Keep detailed notes and time entries within tickets
- Follow pre-existing procedures and create new detailed procedures when required
- Resolve tickets within your technical ability and seek advice/escalation from colleagues within the Professional Services team or Microsoft/third-party support when required
- Provide end-user support and awareness training where applicable
- Monitor network activity and devices
- Install and maintain software application packages as required
- Monitor and report on business-critical systems including Office 365 (Exchange, Teams, OneDrive), Active Directory, Azure, Anti-virus, VPN software, Terminal Services, Application Delivery, Remote Access, Service Desk and Client Management.
- Monitor backups, perform restores
- Document procedures and processes
- Diploma, bachelor’s degree in Computer Systems, industry-recognized certification(s), or equivalent experience working on a Service Desk or in a TIER 2 Technical Support role
- Proven experience of: Windows Server, Active Directory, Windows 10, Office 365
- Advanced Microsoft Server and Desktop Operating System troubleshooting experience
- Any Microsoft designations
- MacOS, iOS and Linux and Adobe CS experience an asset
- ITIL knowledge
- Working within a Cybersecurity Framework
- Reports to Manager of IT Infrastructure and Security
- Receives escalations from first-line Support Technicians
- Escalates to third line engineers
The salary is based on a combination of education, practical technical knowledge and prior experience. Daily travel in greater Vancouver is required. Successful applicant must have valid BCDL and access to a vehicle. Hours will vary and may include some weekends and evenings.
Closing date for applications is April 15, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls or office visits pertaining to this posting.
The work location is flexible with the current COVID-19 pandemic but there will be an expectation for regular visits to be made to our offices in Greater Vancouver.
Standard hours: 09:00 – 17:00 PST
Why work at Madison
- Competitive salary plus performance related bonus
- Wide range of Company benefits
- Pension scheme (qualifying time)
- Study leave for exams
- Funded technical training