The Madison Group (www.madison.ca) is comprised of businesses in industrial and residential property development and management (Madison Pacific Properties (TSX: MPC)), media and business information (Glacier Media (TSX: GVC)) and industrial sectors. Headquartered near Olympic Village in Vancouver, BC the Group has over 2,500 employees in Canada and the United States.
Reporting to the Director of Tax, the Tax Analyst is responsible for the tax compliance and tax provision requirements of the Group and assisting with tax planning and research.
The Group is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated professional who is looking to grow their career in tax. This position offers the unique opportunity to develop knowledge in both public and private company corporate tax and indirect tax. The individual should possess excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills. The individual must enjoy working in a complex, fast paced environment and working as part of a team. This Vancouver based, permanent full-time position, offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Preparation of Canadian corporate income tax, partnership, and foreign reporting returns
- Preparation of statutory financial statements
- Preparation of consolidated income tax provision in accordance with IFRS
- Participate in tax planning initiatives and related filings
- Conduct tax research
- Prepare transfer pricing calculations
- Coordinate government remittances
- Assist with external audit of tax provision and government audits
- Assist with applications and filings for government and other incentives
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal controls
- Assist with special projects, ad-hoc questions and other duties
- Assist with corporate finance and accounting duties
- Canadian CPA designation or CPA student having successfully passed the CFE
- 2 + years experience preparing corporate tax returns and financial statements; public practice experience is an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and consistently meet details with an attention to detail while working both independently and with a team
- Proficiency with tax preparation software, Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat
Please send cover letter with salary expectations and CV to Katrina Wang at kwang[at]madison[dot]ca
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls or office visits pertaining to this posting.