The Madison Group is a private investment firm with diversified holdings in the real estate, media, and industrial automation and service sectors. Investments include holdings in Madison Pacific Properties (TSX: MPC) and Glacier Media (TSX: GVC). Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Group has over 2,000 employees with operating businesses and investments located in Canada and the United States.
Reporting to the Director of Tax, the Tax Analyst is responsible for assisting with the tax compliance, tax provision and planning requirements for the Madison Group. The Tax Analyst will also assist with corporate finance and accounting duties as required.
Our team is seeking a professional, detail-oriented individual who has excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills. This individual must enjoy working in a complex, fast-paced environment and working with a large team in conducting all aspects of the role, including ad-hoc projects.
- Preparation of Canadian corporate income tax, partnership, and foreign reporting returns
- Preparation of statutory financial statements
- Preparation of consolidated income tax provision in accordance with IFRS
- Coordinate government remittances
- Assist in tax research, tax planning, corporate reorganizations and applicable tax filings
- Assist with external audit of tax provision and government audits
- Assist with transfer pricing calculations
- Assist with applications and filings for government and other incentives
- Assist with implementing and maintaining internal controls
- Assist with special projects, ad-hoc questions and other duties
- Assist with corporate finance and accounting duties
- Canadian CPA designation or working towards CPA designation
- 2 + years experience preparing corporate tax returns and financial statements; public practice experience an asset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented, proactive, strong time management skills and have the ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines
- Proficiency with tax preparation software, Microsoft Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to or experience preparing tax provisions
- Familiarity with the financial statement consolidation process
- Previous use of an ERP System
This is a regular full-time position with competitive compensation and group benefits package.
If you are interested please please send cover letter, complete with salary expectations and CV to: kwang[at]madison[dot]ca.
Thank you for your interest in this position and for your submission. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be notified.