Who we are:
Glacier FarmMedia (GFM) is Canada’s largest farm publisher and operator of Canada’s foremost farm shows: Ag in Motion (Saskatoon, SK), Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show (Woodstock, ON) and the farm conference the Farm Forum Event (Saskatoon, SK). With growth as our mindset, other events could be added to the event division in the future. GFM reaches thousands of Ag professionals. We have a strong, “get-it-done” culture with a passion for agriculture and Canadian farmers.
Our events and properties connect farmers with agricultural companies to see the latest innovation and technology in agriculture. Each year, Ag in Motion, Farm Forum Event, and Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show attracts tens of thousands of attendees with hundreds of agricultural exhibitors, showcasing products and services through interactive displays and live demonstrations of machinery, seminars, of livestock, crops, niche markets, energy and more.
This is a dynamic, multi-faceted position which will involve working closely with the event sales management team and agricultural companies, coordinating sales and sponsorship, customer service and sales execution. Reporting to the Sponsorship Manager, the position will support the sales management team through exhibit and sponsorship sales, administration, and execution. The role will involve working closely with show exhibitors and sponsors, the events teams and the GFM team. Exceptional organization, attention to detail, time-management and client service are key components of the role.
- Sponsorship Sales and Execution Support for Ag-in-Motion, Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show, Farm Forum Event and the Glacier FarmMedia Discovery Farm
- Assist in preparing sponsorship agreements and communicating with sponsors
- Tracking and invoicing sponsorships
- Assist with the delivery of sponsorship benefits
- Co-ordinate signage for sponsorship agreements (inventory, co-ordinate design, ordering from printer, on-site installation)
- Liaison with Marketing and Communications team regarding communications deliverables
- Exhibit Sales Support for Ag in Motion
- Assist with exhibit sales and customer relations for Ag in Motion and Farm Forum Event
- Assist with verifying and approving exhibitor applications
- Sales calls to target companies
- Assist in tracking sales and updating directory map
- Facility Rentals at Glacier FarmMedia Discovery Farm
- Support facility rentals at Discovery Farm property to associations and companies to use facilities
- Assist in building connections between all events, Glacier FarmMedia Discovery Farm and GFM publications, premium services, listing platforms and other products
- Keen attention to detail and effective organizational skills
- Exceptional client service and relationship management (both internal and external)
- Highly motivated and driven towards team success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced event management environment
- Dialed into the agriculture landscape
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in marketing, commerce or management.
- Ability to work independently
- Able/willing to travel (10% travel)
- Experience in a sales coordinator role
- Working knowledge of Map Your Show or other event management software is an asset
- Project management skills
- Experience in the agriculture industry
- Skills in various other software (Excel, Access, Office 365)
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary including an attractive benefits package. If this sounds like the perfect fit, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: humanresources[at]farmmedia[dot]com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for submissions: February 28, 2020