Our company based in Vancouver provides North American and Global business leaders, compliance and audit managers, and professionals with comprehensive, up-to-date resources to ensure company compliance, and obtain guidance on key regulatory issues.
We are looking for a Senior Developer to work with our IT Department to expand and develop the internal and delivery systems and tools that our clients use to access and manage our publications. The successful candidate will have the ability to fulfill the development of the full cycle of Java applications, including business analysis, design, coding and testing.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Defining software development project plans, including scope, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of all internal and STP Partners.
- Design, implement, test and monitor applications for new and existing software systems for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and debugging / fixing.
- Maintain existing web/console/mobile apps including classic ASP applications.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior team members.
- Any other duties assigned by the management team.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science or Equivalent,
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience as a Java developer; especially with Eclipse plugins. .NET experience is a plus.
- Experience developing and maintaining business software systems using Oracle technologies Database (10g, 11g.)
- Experience with mobile app development would be an asset.
- Working Experience in Microsoft Azure, or AWS, would be an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong Stored Procedure and advanced SQL query experience is a must.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- DB Technology: Oracle and MS SQL Server
- XML: XML general, DTD, XQuery, XSLT/XPath
- Java desktop app, Eclipse plugins, OSGi (optional), DB admin (optional), Business analysis (optional)
- Proven accomplished desktop applications development.
- Familiar with web application development, and design/architectural patterns (e.g. MVC).
- Working Experience of designing and developing for applications and Web API (REST, RPC) or other integration for web/mobile App
Please forward all resumes to: hiring[at]stpub[dot]com
Deadline for submissions: July 30, 2021
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we will keep your résumé on file for future opportunities.