Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Service Desk and IT Coordinator will apply their exceptional organizational skills to triaging the Service Desk queues, answering inbound calls, and performing a number of critical tasks in the company’s ITSM and other IT-related applications. Attention to detail and a strong desire to assist end-users take precedence over IT skills and experience. The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree or college diploma, possess superior English communication skills - both written and verbal, and be at home using MS Office and business system applications such as CRM.
- The Service Desk and IT Coordinator performs a dual role triaging end-users with the IT services team and supporting several day-to-day IT department functions.
- Monitor the Service Desk ticket queues, set priorities on tickets, and assign and escalate incidents and requests.
- Receive urgent inbound calls to the Service Desk (approx. 150/month), assess levels of importance and impact, and coordinate with techs in TIER 1, 2, and 3.
- Manage Purchasing: Requests for Quotes, PO’s, Requests for Approval, and Ordering from suppliers. Regular communication with managers, IT staff, suppliers and requestors throughout the purchasing cycle.
- Prepare and submit IT invoices to Accounts Payable. Manage the relationship with suppliers and respond to inquiries from management, Accounts Payable, and suppliers.
- Maintains IT department applications for tracking and reporting on users, sites, asset inventory, software subscriptions, and renewals
- Assists with preparation of annual operating and capital budgets for IT department.
- Track and report Service Desk performance metrics.
- New position, predominantly Customer Service role. Vital in the delivery of prompt, professional, and effective services to end-users, especially in cases where the request is critical and needs immediate resolution.
- Becomes the “voice” of the Service Desk; key influencer of end users’ perception of IT Services delivery for the organization.
- Will have to establish credibility and trust with end-users and IT staff by acquiring a working knowledge of numerous companies, sites, networks, business systems, rules and procedures. Knowledge is a key component of the position.
- Requires the candidate to work closely and regularly with Director of IT. There will be daily and weekly tasks, plus quarterly and annual deadlines.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional people skills with a strong desire to assist end users
- Excel knowledge is mandatory. Some experience using Access would be an asset.
- Must have sufficient knowledge and experience in IT to quickly assess a problem and determine the fastest path to resolution. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in PC’s, Office 365, Windows, Mac OS, browsers, and networking.
- Experience with an ITSM ticketing application or a business system that manages customer records such as CRM, order entry, or ERP.
- An undergraduate degree, college diploma, or equivalent post-secondary education in business or communications. Preference given to those with basic accounting courses or equivalent experience.
- Reports to the Director of IT with a dotted line report to the Manager of IT Infrastructure.
- Full-time salaried position, based on a combination of education, practical technical knowledge and prior experience.
- Hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Eastern.
- The candidate may be located anywhere in Canada, as long as there is access to broadband internet. Must be able to travel within Canada
- Closing date is October 13, 2021. Please email cover letter with resume to: careers[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca
We thank all submission of interest in this career opportunity. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be notified.