Technology is driving the Resource Industry in new, exciting directions, but as the industry evolves it is presented with new challenges it has never faced before. Artificial intelligence, machine learning, block chain technology, and other emerging innovations promise to transform many areas in and around the industry, but are today’s companies ready to deal with that transformation?
The Glacier Resource Innovation Group’s goal is to provide the tools necessary to meet these challenges head on. Through news, network, education, and career planning, our products help real people in the Resource Industry feel confident that they’re working towards shared success. Rebranded, revitalized and relaunched in 2019, The Glacier Resource Innovation Group is comprised of a core of respected brands from across the resource sector, all with a well-established global presence.
We are seeking a Senior UX Designer who will champion user-focused designs informed by market analysis, customer feedback and requirements, and user research analytics. You will unapologetically always put the customer first. Using behaviour data, customer workshops and reviews and working very closely with the Customer Experience Team is your MO and you always ensure that together we are creating and delivering great products with amazing Customer Journeys. Net Promoter is our core Customer Experience methodology through the company.
You’ll develop your ideas with sketches, prototypes, wireframes and story boards, and confidently communicate your vision to senior executives and stakeholders to continually pursue customer satisfaction, championing best practices. You will work as part of a cross-functional team of Scrum/Agile enthusiasts with a strong DevOps culture, inventing and iterating on end-to-end product experiences with usability studies and user testing.
While this role does span the broad Glacier Resource Innovation Group, your primary focus initially will be to work on some of the following exciting projects, which include SaaS platforms and digital sites:
You Would Be Perfect for This Role If:
You enjoy working strategically with internal and external executives and other senior leaders to create and deliver big, visionary and customer-focused solutions, analyzing customer behaviours, identifying opportunities to solve problems, and creating a best-in-class experience in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
You’re curious and someone who can challenge the status quo. You are a principled design thinker, who envisions and crafts holistic solutions for your users that span the entire customer journey. The ideal candidate is a passionate, yet pragmatic designer, who has previously worked with, maintained, or helped to create a large functional design system.
You are a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity and is comfortable wearing many hats. You are an empathetic teammate who flourishes when collaborating closely with others.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work with product management, engineers, and other designers from across the company to develop strong UX and UI solutions for our users.
- Interact directly with customers to learn about user behaviour, combining your efforts with Customer Experience to gain a wholistic picture of our customer journey lines
- Conceptualize, problem-solve, and articulate your ideas and collaborate closely with diverse UX, CX and Marketing teams.
- Design elegant solutions founded on world-class UX and UI practice for multiple platforms and for an extensive range of products, through consistent, detail-oriented wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity mock-ups.
- Guide execution of designs as it translates from concept to code while identifying and communicating design system principles and guidelines to teams.
- Collaborate daily with teammates to create, review and iterate on design ideas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or college degrees in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Visual Communication, or similar interdisciplinary fields are preferred.
- Minimum 8+ years of experience as a UX/Interaction Designer, or a similar role.
- Experience working in a collaborative Agile team, partnering closely with product management to define use cases and requirements, and working directly with developers on implementation of your designs.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- A strong portfolio of shipped work demonstrating impactful UX design leadership and exemplary understanding of user-centered design principles and best-in-practice, accessible user interfaces and interactions.
- Expert knowledge of typography, color theory, UI design and layout principles including an exceptional command of design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), or similar.
- Proficiency in a variety of prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Invision, Sketch, or Figma.
- Experience creating, managing and enforcing a style guide or design system, demonstrating an understanding of information architecture, as well as usability principles and techniques.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team as projects need.
- Exceptional attention to detail, must have strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Expected to demonstrate a high level of initiative, passion for learning, good sense of humor, and a “get the work done” ethos.
We are certified as a Great Place to Work! We encourage a healthy work-life balance, fair treatment of staff, with clear and open communication at all levels. Our “We Care” initiative puts the focus back on the communities we live in, with company mandated volunteering activities throughout the year. We’re passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We invest in education and support and encourage professional development. We offer a competitive salary, extended health benefits, and flexible schedules. You will find us in Olympic Village in a brand-new office space – 10 minutes walk from a Sky Train station.
We promise to provide colleagues who are as unique, talented and likeable as you are. You can do amazing work here and we’re committed to helping you achieve your full potential but it’s up to you to make it happen.
Apply today with your cover letter, resume and compensation expectations to hr[at]infomine[dot]com. Please include URL’s for your on-line portfolio along with your resume.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Closing August 16th, 2019
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we will keep your résumé on file for future opportunities.