Reporting to the Manager of Infrastructure and Security, the Senior Systems Administrator performs a TIER3 role within a team of technicians supporting a wide range of infrastructure and technologies. The position is responsible for planning, documenting, and executing assignments in a complex environment requiring the configuration, testing, maintenance, monitoring, and reporting of front and back-office applications, operating systems, and designated hardware. The Senior Systems Administrator will also perform key functions in implementing and managing technologies that underpin enterprise security policies.
- Works collaboratively with the Manager of Infrastructure and Security and other TIER3 Sys Admins to design, document, and execute technical solutions that support and improve upon existing hardware infrastructure across the enterprise.
- Supports Windows 2008/2012/2016/2019 Server, Active Directory, Linux, Azure, and Office 365 (over 200 virtual machines and 1100 end-users).
- Performs advanced system administration including storage attached network management, Next Gen firewall configuration, backups, enterprise software upgrades and patching, and network and application performance monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting.
- Providing Network Operations Centre (NOC) Support
- Provides the final stage of escalation from IT support and must therefore possess the most technical knowledge of the corporate network, hardware, and system infrastructure.
- Updates and maintains technical documentation in the corporate IT documentation tool.
- Assists the Manager of Infrastructure and Security with reporting, documenting, and executing recommendations for improving performance of hardware systems, resolving capacity constraints and bottlenecks, planning system growth, and project implementations.
- Helps develop, document, communicate, and enforce network technology policy.
- Plans ahead for necessary hardware or software upgrades to support system growth.
- Analyze service incidents and problems, identify risks, provide recommendations, and implement solutions.
- Mentors team members and educates users.
Education, Qualifications, Experience:
- Post-secondary degrees in Computer Science, or Systems and Network Administration
- 5-10 years direct experience in a complex network system environment supporting greater than 500 end-users and multiple sites.
- Must have excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with networking protocols, security administration, and VPN configurations.
- Extensive experience with the administration of virtualized environments.
- Advanced experience with Next Gen firewalls.
- Extensive experience with storage management and SAN technologies.
- Familiarity with a Cybersecurity framework such as CIS or NIST, specifically in topic areas concerning firewalls, VPN, incident response, business continuity, and DR.
- Experience with hardware infrastructure design and implementation methodologies.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server administration, patch management, and optimization, including Active Directory and Group Policy design and implementation.
- Some database administration experience desirable.
- ITIL knowledge and/or certification would be an asset.
- Any security qualifications would be advantageous, such as CISSP.
- Any Microsoft qualification would be advantageous.
Specific experience with any the following technologies would be a distinct advantage:
- HPE Synergy
- HPE Servers
- Aruba Switches
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Nimble SAN’s
- VMware vSphere / vCentre
- Veeam Backup
- AWS, Azure and 365
- SQL and Oracle
- Mac OS, Jamf
- Hudu or similar
- Full-time salaried position.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada and have valid proof of vaccination against COVID.
- Hours are 8:30 am - 4:30 pm Eastern.
- The candidate may be located anywhere in Canada, as long as there is access to broadband internet.
- Must be able to travel within Canada
- Participate in the on-call rotation and will require after hours work for planned changes and incident resolution, and provide expert level support.
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary, an attractive benefits package, including RRSP matching.
If this sounds like the perfect fit, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: careers[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca
Glacier is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We are an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our team and communities. Should you need accommodation at any point in the process, please advise us.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.