Glacier FarmMedia, a division of Glacier Media, specializes in Agriculture Products serving Farmers and Agri-businesses across Canada and Northern US. We are looking for a Senior Full Stack PHP Developer to help take our Digital Marketplace products to the next level. We are looking for someone with a passion for building web applications and is fluent in technologies across the entire stack. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where each member of the team is expected to solve technical and business problems for our users and customers.
What we’re looking for:
Our team requires a “full stack” developer lead who can handle both backend (Laravel/PHP) and frontend (JS/CSS/HTML) development tasks, along with associated activities such as managing version control, code reviews, data migration, CI/CD and deployment, project analysis and planning/estimation and whatever else comes along. You will architect and develop new online experiences, experiment and iterate with existing web products, and collaborate with Product Owners and stakeholders to create the leading Digital Marketplace in the rapidly growing AgriTech space.
Equivalent skills in a different language or similar framework etc. will also be considered.
- 5+ years of experience developing scalable web applications where 2+ of those years in a senior or lead role
- Strength and experience in architecting, building, and scaling PHP applications with Laravel, Symfony, or other PHP frameworks at a large scale
- Strong understanding and experience in Git (including rebasing, squashing, cherry-picking, etc.), branching strategy, PR reviews in Github/Gitlab
- Ability to collaborate and communicate clearly with Technical, Product and business stakeholders
Nice-to-haves: Skills/experience that an ideal candidate will possess, in addition to the above “Required” skills.
- Experience working with search engines such as Elastic, Amazon CloudSearch, Solr, etc.
- Experience with frontend/JS testing in Jest/Karma etc.
- Experience working in an “Agile/Sprint/Kanban” project management system such as JIRA
- Ability to accurately plan and estimate projects/tasks
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary including an attractive benefits package. If this sounds like the perfect fit, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: humanresources[at]farmmedia[dot]com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.