Weather Innovations (WIN), part of Glacier Farm Media’s Weather & Insights group, is recruiting for a self-starter to drive awareness, sales, and relationships with existing and targeted industry players for WIN’s extensive ag weather database and predictive analytics tools.
WIN is a premium ag weather data service with a QA/QC focus that differentiates WIN. WIN’s database is extensive, allowing clients the benefit of a service provider who can do a deep dive into the data and assist in value creation from the insights gleaned. The approach is customized to each client’s needs so that data, models, and insights can be easily provided via dependable API processes.
We are looking for an ambitious and energetic Account Manager to service our existing clients and expand our customer base. You will create and apply an effective sales strategy to increase awareness of WIN’s capabilities and grow the business. This leadership role will work closely with WIN’s President and Glacier’s EVP of Weather & Insights to development and implement the go to market strategy leading to better brand recognition and financial growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a market-leading business plan/sales strategy that supports growth and achievement of the business' goals, objectives, and financial targets
- Actively seek out new business, prepare presentations, and make the pitch
- Respond to RFPs from existing or new clients
- Call on target customer segment
- Attend industry functions to represent WIN and stay on top of current market trends
- Engage regularly in the review and negotiation of various client-related contracts
- Forge strong relationships with clients as their Account Manager, ensuring they are delighted with the service and insights that WIN is providing.
- Prepare annual budgets that include revenue targets. Provide regular updates/forecasts to WIN/GFM leadership.
- Communicate effectively with not only clients, but also colleagues and Industry Influencers.
Critical Skill Sets
- Strong selling skills
- Excellent communicator able to effectively articulate the vision, goals and strategic imperatives of the business and act as an enabler for feedback
- Ideally existing relationships or knowledge of the target agriculture clients
- Ability to help clients glean insights from the analysis. Must have technical understanding and be able to communicate effectively with internal team on client’s requirements.
- A working knowledge of weather hardware and the challenges and opportunities presented by collecting data from remote locations.
- Be an innovative, forward-looking contributor who thinks outside the box, and isn’t afraid to actively share their ideas in a brainstorming session.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Extensive knowledge of the agriculture industry
- 5+ years sales experience in the ag industry
- A self-motivated individual with a thirst for knowledge that moves fast and continuous learning
- Enjoys and contributes to a collaborative culture
- This role is ‘remote’ and can work anywhere within Canada. Travel Requirements approximately 20%.
- Ability to communicate in English and French
Please send resumes to hr[at]farmmedia[dot]com before end of day March 10, 2023.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.