Farmtario is a new source of farming information for Ontario backed by leading and experienced farm journalists and content creators. We provide the most useful independent insight for Ontario farmers, including news, crop and livestock production, markets and a deep understanding of how technology and data are being adopted on farms.
We are backed by Glacier FarmMedia, Canada’s leading agriculture publishing and information company. Glacier FarmMedia is known for high-quality, independent farm journalism that farmers want to read. We give farmers the information they need delivering news online, through mobile and in print.
FarmTario is currently seeking a Retail Sales Representative. The Retail Sales Representative is responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue targets while promptly and professionally addressing the needs of advertisers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building relationships and identifying the prospect's need for GFM products or services.
- Emphasizing product features based on analyses of customers' needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities.
- Preparing and maintaining records for sales leads and progress status of accounts.
- Selling the organization's products or services to major customers or develop new prospects within assigned territory.
- Working with advertisers, internal team members to ensure advertising orders are booked and billed accurately.
- Increasing sales figures by finding new customers and demonstrating product and/or service value.
- Explaining technical characteristics of products to clients.
- Keeping accurate records of sales and interactions with existing and prospective clients.
- Reports progress to Retail Sales Manager for FarmTario.
- Develops and executes effective sales and marketing plans based on sales targets.
- Traveling to ensure they meet or exceed territory sales objectives.
- Establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with prospective and existing partners as well as providing product or service information to customers in support of new business offerings.
- Devotes time as requested within reason to attend trade shows and conferences in the interest of GFM.
Education, Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of 3 years of sales experience.
- University degree in business, communications, or marketing preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing new business relationships.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills both internally and externally with all customers.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- A thorough understanding of print/digital media platforms and applications.
- Must be a self-starter in a fast-paced work environment.
- A strong understanding of market competitors and execution strategies.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume, including salary expectations to humanresources[at]farmmedia[dot]com
Deadline for submissions: January 17, 2020