Responsible for preparing news and feature content in print and multimedia for Canada’s leading agricultural publication. This position reports to the Editor.
Description of Work Performed:
- Produces news and feature stories of interest to readers and online viewers.
- Keeps abreast of news developments in assigned areas.
- Active use of social media to research and promote content and to engage readers.
- Makes photographs and videos, and prepares information for graphics to illustrate stories and feature articles.
- Page proof checking for section editors as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education, Experience and requirements:
- Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of agriculture and rural society.
- Video and photography proficiency is required.
- The ability to work in a bureau of one and with remote support and supervision is essential.
- A current driver’s license, a reliable vehicle, and the ability to travel regularly and often on short notice is a requirement of this position.
- Preference will be given to those with a post-secondary education in journalism or related agricultural field.
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary including an attractive benefits package. If this sounds like the perfect fit, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: human.resources[at]producer[dot]com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.