Do you love community reporting and the new digital world? If that’s the case, the Moose Jaw Express/MooseJawToday.com has an immediate opening for a Reporter to join our team.
The Moose Jaw Express/MooseJawToday.com tells stories of the people, businesses and culture and is delivered to more than 22,000 homes in 68 communities in Saskatchewan
The successful applicant will cover local news, community events, and anything else that is newsworthy for our print newspaper, website, and special publications.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Write and edit an average of eight to 12 stories for print and the web on a weekly basis.
- Take photos that are eye-catching, clear and engaging.
- Generate interesting stories and feature ideas.
- Participate in the growth of our digital offerings.
- A journalism degree, diploma or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of CP style.
- Proficiency in digital photography.
- Must be willing and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- A reliable car and a valid driver’s license are essential.
- Knowledge of digital technologies and experience with video
- Keen interest and experience in social media storytelling
In addition to your compensation, we also a competitive Group Health and Welfare package along with car allowance.
If this position appeals to you, please send a cover letter, a resume, writing & photo samples and three references to the editor: Joan Ritchie (Editor[at]mjvexpress[dot]com)
Deadline for applications: September 24, 2021