Reporting to the Director, Communications & Engagement for Discovery Farm, the (full-time, permanent position) Project Coordinator, Marketing & Communications is a central role in Discovery Farm’s Communications and Marketing Department. Supporting a talented team of communications and marketing professionals and the Discovery Farm suite of brands, this role is the master scheduler and work-smart champion for the department. Internal efficiency and great processes are what allows us to do the best work for the farmers we serve and our valued customers.
This role is responsible for executing marketing and communications campaigns, managing platforms, and coordination for content and outreach products, including testing innovative new products and marketing solutions. Brands include Discovery Farm, Ag in Motion, Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show and the Farm Forum Event.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project coordination of department campaign and product execution to ensure tasks are completed on time, on budget, and to a high-quality standard.
- Master department scheduler. Maintaining divisional Trade Show & Events calendar, department key milestones calendar and managing project and tactic work plans.
- Become an expert in brand expression and ensuring that all pieces adhere to brand standards.
- Department budget tracking
- Communications and marketing platform management, department exclusive business systems
- Supporting the management of a roster of contractors and freelancers, including familiarity with service agreements, ensuring payment, maintaining relationships
- Infuse project management principles throughout the team and bring together project resources in an efficient way, while holding to the highest quality standards.
- Champion process: help develop collaborative processes and efficient team file and asset management
- Work with marketing and communications services to execute campaigns across a range of tactics including sponsorship and trade shows, websites, social media, design, advertising, proofing, digital channels, and data, analytics, and SEO (including internal and external media channels)
- Lead project and tactic kick-off and wrap up
- Support department in meeting business objectives, while managing expenses and generating revenue.
- Familiarity with and support of data-driven activities in this communications, marketing, and outreach function, where farmer and customer data, insights, and analytics are leveraged for new product development, audience growth, revenue generation and decision-making
- Understanding key marketing metrics, analytics and reporting to assess progress as well as inform the need for adjustments and pivots throughout the marketing funnel
- Effectively manage resources and budget, including working with team members to develop a resource model built upon external partners, trusted contractors, and internships
- Liaise with Discovery Farm leadership team and the department to bring the highest level of marketing expertise to each brand
- Work closely with creative teams on creative development of unique materials that communicate with impact across several different marketing channels.
Educational requirements: a degree in marketing, communications, business, or agriculture
Years of experience: two years (combination of experience and education will be considered)
Technical skills: strong computer skills, project management, budgeting, planning, developing process, social media proficiency, data and analytics fluency, great attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
Software: proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Teams, Adobe Acrobat, and other collaborative business tools.
Soft skills: thrive in teamwork and fast-faced environments, maintain positive team culture, passionate about continuous improvement
This role is ‘remote’ and can work anywhere within Canada. Travel Requirements approximately 20%.
Please send resumes to hr[at]farmmedia[dot]com before end of day February 1, 2023.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.