Who we are:
A career with The Northern Miner Group is an opportunity to be on a collaborative team where creative leadership, passion for progress, and responsibility are paramount. Our primary focus is on building strong relationships with our subscribers by providing the industry’s leading and most trusted news and information along with the innovative tools they need to grow market share and enhance market performance.
The Northern Miner has been providing exclusive mining exploration and production news and intelligence to mining professionals and investors for over a hundred years. It includes both a daily news website as well as a bi-weekly newspaper and has come to be known in the industry as one of the most trusted sources of mining and mineral exploration news.
Reporting to the Editor-In-Chief of The Northern Miner you will join and work directly with a supportive and collaborative team of reporters who are dedicated to building industry leading comprehensive content for our readers. In this role you will be responsible for optimizing and copy editing content for our print and online channels. Sourcing photos for both digital and print publications and updating and developing our library of images is also important. This role requires you to be familiar with InCopy and Photoshop and also includes opportunities to report and write stories for both on-line and print publications..
You would be perfect for this role if:
You have print and online editing experience, as well a journalism degree. You possess a sharp eye for detail and will work well under pressure to meet our bi-weekly newspaper deadlines while juggling daily web copy editing duties.
In this role, you will:
- Manage the content production for The Northern Miner publications (digital and print)
- Recommending process improvements based on an understanding of the business, marketing, user experience, and technology requirements and constraints
- Working closely and collaboratively with cross-disciplinary teams
- Ensuring that all content adheres to client & brand guidelines
- Ensuring deliverables are executed on time and that copy recommendations align with objectives
- Journalism degree
- 2+ years’ experience in multi-media with a proven track record of success
- Proficiency using Adobe InCopy and Issuu as well as Photoshop
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills in a deadline-driven environment
What We Offer:
- A culture based on caring, integrity, agility, collaboration, innovation and striving for excellence
- We encourage a healthy work-life balance, fair treatment of staff, and clear and open communication at all levels
- We are passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workplace
- We invest in education and support and encourage professional development
- We offer a competitive salary, extended health benefits, and flexible schedules
Apply today with your cover letter, resume, and at least two samples of technical or news writing in PDF format to: hr[at]glacierrig[dot]com
The Northern Miner welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please. All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Closing: April 12, 2022
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Working remotely – temporarily due to COVID-19