Reporting to the Production Manager, the full-time, permanent position Production Artist, is responsible for the below.
Your role will be to take on designs during the final stages of development to ensure accuracy and prepare them for print or digital publication. You will mainly be responsible to produce retail ad page layouts and classified layouts for various publications. To be successful in this position, you should combine strong creative and technical skills to format various images and illustrations. You should also have an eye for detail and project management experience. Need to be familiar with Creative Suite on a Mac platform.
Duties and Respoonsibilities
- Retouch images to improve quality both in print and digital formats
- Suggest and apply image improvements, like creating gradients and layers
- Follow deadlines to ensure timely publications
- Archive produced images and graphics
- Classified page layout
- Open to learning new skills and software
- Work well in a team environment
- Able to be adaptable
- Knows InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator for a MAC environment
- Knows Word & Excel
- Knowledge of farming/farming machinery an asset
Please apply to hr[at]farmmedia[dot]com or submit via job posting. If sending direct, you must include the job title in the subject line. All applicants must apply with a resume and cover letter clearly stating salary expectations, no later than May 12, 2023.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.