The Payroll Manager is responsible for the management, coordination and processing of all in-house payroll and HRIS services for 1100+ employees (Non-Union, Union, Canada-wide). Performing various accounting and managerial tasks, data entry/management and maintaining employee information relevant to payroll. You will lead, mentor and coach the payroll team, providing day to day guidance and support. The Payroll Manager is a key member of the Payroll, Benefits and Human Resources team.
- Responsible for leading, mentoring and coaching the Payroll Team.
- Review payroll data and payroll reports, and compare to supporting documentation to verify accuracy.
- Create required internal management reports.
- Reconcile various G/L accounts/vendors to ensure all payments are made as scheduled to relevant 3rd party benefit plans, unions, pensions, etc.
- Complete yearend processes such as T4’s/T2200’s and various provincial WCB reporting Oversee: Personnel/payroll files for all company personnel.
- Respond government agency and regulatory bodies’ inquiries in regards to payroll.
- Process CRA remittances/payments.
- Look for opportunities to improve efficiencies, adhering to payroll best practices, propose solutions, and coordinate implementation
- Responsible for coordination, conversion and transition of new payrolls for any company acquisitions
- Ensure benefit deductions are setup correctly on payroll.
- Resolve payroll discrepancies by collective and analyzing information using sound judgement and understanding of payroll processes.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects and tasks with tight deadlines, while working with the team and independently.
- Remain up-to-date with CRA and ESA rules and regulations, standards and work methods.
- Assists HR Manager in activities involving payroll and other HR projects as assigned.
- PCP/CPM certificate
- 5 - 8 years of experience in payroll environment with both in-house and third party payroll software
- 3+ years’ experience managing a team
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills are essential
- Good understanding of basic bookkeeping, general ledger and journal entries, etc.
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preference will be given to those with experience using Avanti software and SQL database management experience
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action
- Strong understanding of payroll regulatory requirements and Employment Standards Acts (all Provinces, CRA Regulations, WCB/WSIB, and Benefits.
- Accountability and Dependability
- Decision Making and Judgement, Development and Continual Learning
- Strong organizational skills including effective prioritization and follow-up skills
- Ability to listen and communicate (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently/self-starter, but also able to work together as a team
- High attention to detail.
If you would like to further your career with a company that believes in its people and their growth, and success, we invite you to apply. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, plus full benefit package and RRSP matching program!
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: humancapital[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we will keep your résumé on file for future opportunities.