Payroll Administrators at Glacier Media are more than just payroll processors; this position offers a unique opportunity for qualified candidates to utilize expertise in Payroll, Human Resources, Benefits and Data Analysis. The Payroll Administrator is a member of the Payroll, Benefits and Human Resources team and also provides expertise to Publishers and Management in areas of ESA legislation, company policy, regulatory compliance, etc.
- Create and maintain employee payroll records for all employees
- Process bi-weekly payroll for salaried and hourly employees, union and non-union
- Verify accurate data
- Process benefit reconciliations, identify irregularities and inefficiencies, reconcile and rectify errors, and provide useful information to management
- Reconcile payroll balance sheet accounts and request payment for routine remittances
- Respond to employee, manager, and government agency inquiries
- Issue Records of Employment
- Assist in year-end processes such as T4/T4A issuance and WCB reconciliation
- Uphold established procedures and maintain data integrity best practices
- Participate in required meetings, providing input and recommendations informed for by observation
- Other duties include, but are not limited to: contributing to the collective improvement of Glacier’s Payroll, HR, and Benefits Department
- 1 - 2 years of experience in payroll processing
- Good understanding of Provincial ESA legislation (and a desire to remain current)
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel with agile data analysis skills
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) (completed or in progress)
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Preference will be given to those with experience using Avanti Payroll software.
- Creative, innovative thinker
- Problem solver with an aptitude for pattern recognition
- Ability to research, analyze and resolve problems – both independently and collectively
- High degree of respect for confidentiality of sensitive employee information
- Strong organizational skills including effective prioritization and follow-up
We are looking for someone with a positive attitude, great work ethic, “Musketeer” mentality! Training provided to the right enthusiastic candidate! If you would like to further your career with a company that believes in its people and their growth, and their success, we invite you to apply. We offer a competitive compensation package commensurate with experience, plus full benefit package and RRSP matching program!
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter, resume and salary expectations to: humancapital[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca
We thank all applicants for their submissions, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are not contacted, we will keep your résumé on file for future opportunities.