The Western Producer is Western Canada’s largest weekly farm paper, delivering a comprehensive package of information to farmers since 1923. Considered the leading farm paper in Western Canada for both production and management information, The Producer enjoys wide circulation throughout the Prairies. Every week farmers and agri-business readers can trust award-winning agricultural journalism, industry features, market information, livestock industry coverage, ag finance and farm living.
The “Producer” is division of Glacier FarmMedia (GFM), Canada’s premier publisher of Ag newspapers, magazines, specialty publications and Ag web sites. In addition, GFM operates farm events including Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show (ON) and Ag in Motion (SK), drawing tens of thousands of farmers to each. GFM also operates companies in the weather and digital IoT spaces (Weather Innovations and METOS Canada).
We are seeking a highly motivated, sales driven and technology savvy sales representative who will help regional businesses with an array of advertising strategies designed to increase their market presence, generate leads to expand their customer base, and deliver significant ROI & increased revenues.
- Manage a portfolio of existing accounts within a designated territory, conducting needs assessments and identifying opportunities to increase sales.
- Develop new clients within the designated territory.
- Make sales presentations to advertising agencies and regional organizations.
- Develop market intelligence and knowledge of competition in order to demonstrate the value of The Western Producer’s offerings.
- Represent the company at conventions, shows and meetings.
- Maintain required sales records within the Customer Relationship Management system.
- Business and/or Marketing diploma with a proven record of success in advertising sales.
- Ability to meet the demands of advertisers and/or their agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and within a dedicated sales team withresponsibilities across multiple brands and advertising formats.
- Ability to plan and organize work within established policies and schedules.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Strong understanding of both digital and social media.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in the agricultural sector would be considered an asset.
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary including an attractive benefits package. If this sounds like the perfect fit, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: human.resources[at]producer[dot]com
Deadline for submissions: October 1, 2021
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.