Glacier Media is a Canadian business information and media products company. It provides news, market information and sector-specific data within North America and internationally. Glacier is headquartered in Vancouver. Our National Sales team represents 100+ print and 100+ digital products across Canada. Glacier Media has an established Toronto Division, located in North Toronto focused on selling to decision-makers in Ontario and Quebec.
Glacier Media National Sales is building our digital team to sell our Glacier Media digital solutions. Our digital network is comprised of 100+ news sites that are established news brands and the primary source of local news information as well as other category websites and social media brands. The National Digital Product Specialist will be responsible for proactively seeking digital solutions for clients and agencies in our footprint as well as being our Toronto Region expert for all digital products.
- Prospect and develop your client base building on the strong positive reputation Glacier has in our marketplace and your past success
- Ability to clearly articulate the benefits of a digital marketing strategy
- Become our Toronto expert for all Glacier Media product solutions
- Understand the current media landscape, traditional and new
- Successfully deliver compelling presentations for our digital solutions
- Ability to analyze and report on campaign metrics and secure long term business
- Proactively review client’s digital footprint and digital business practices for needs analysis selling
- Understand best practices as it relates to digital marketing and advertising
- Understand the competitive landscape and be able to appropriately position our service relative to competitors
- Minimum of 3 years selling digital advertising solutions
- Outstanding verbal and written communication.
- In depth understanding of the digital landscape;
- Successful experience in an advertising environment serving clients and advertising agencies
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to work independently to achieve revenue goals
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to maintain a professional approach at all times
- Consultative sales approach with excellent presentation and negotiating skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the desire and commitment to working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, client-focused environment
We offer a competitive total compensation package including base salary plus commissions, health and welfare benefits, and RRSP matching program. You will be joining our successful Toronto National Sales team and a positive work environment. We offer convenient office parking and a gym in our Toronto office building.
If this position is right for you please send your resume and cover letter to Deborah Frye: dfrye[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca
We thank all applicants; however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Deadline for submissions: December 10, 2019