Glacier Media is a growing company focused on building engaged digital audiences across Canada. We create excellent local content that our readers cannot get anywhere else. In addition to our Glacier Media sites we have partnered with Great West Newspapers, Continental Newspapers, Alberta Newspaper Group, Village Media and Castanet.net to become the largest local news network in Canada. These are established brands and now will be available as a network. Glacier Media’s Local News Network is currently 88+ sites strong; growing and currently reaching local audiences in BC, AB, SK, MB and ON. Glacier Media is headquartered in Vancouver. Our National Sales team also represents 100+print publications across Canada. Glacier Media has an established Toronto Division, located in North Toronto focused on selling to decision-makers in Ontario and Quebec.
We are looking a dynamic Digital Sales Professional to be on the ground floor of the largest local news network in Canada. Our network is comprised of 88+sites that are established news brands and the primary source of local news information in their community. You would join our dynamic Toronto team. The National Digital Account Executive will be responsible for proactively seeking digital solutions for clients directly and agencies in our footprint.
- Prospect and develop your client based building on the strong positive reputation Glacier has in our marketplace and your past success
- Focus on prospects for our Local News Network across Canada, 100+ web properties
- Ability to clearly articulate the benefits of a digital marketing strategy
- Understand the current media landscape, traditional and new
- Successfully deliver compelling presentations for our digital solutions
- Ability to analyze and report on campaign metrics and secure long term business
- Proactively review client’s digital footprint and digital business practices for needs analysis selling
- Understand best practices as it relates to digital marketing and advertising
- Understand the competitive landscape and be able to appropriately position our service relative to competitors
- Degree or Diploma in marketing/advertising, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years selling digital advertising solutions
- Previous successful digital sales experience selling local networks
- In depth understanding of the digital landscape;
- Successful experience in an advertising environment serving clients and advertising agencies
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to work independently to achieve revenue goals
- Proven ability to sustain and grow business and revenue
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to maintain a professional approach at all times
- Consultative sales approach with excellent presentation and negotiating skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the desire and commitment to working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented, client-focused environment
We offer a competitive total compensation package including: commissions, base salary, health and welfare benefits, and vacation entitlement. You will be joining our successful Toronto National Sales team and a positive work environment. We offer convenient office parking and a gym in our Toronto office building.
If this position is right for you please send your resume and cover letter to Deborah Frye, dfrye[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca
We thank all applicants; however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Deadline for submissions: December 16, 2019