Responsible to the Director of Sales for growing, developing, and maintaining print and digital advertising sales to national advertising clients.
- Developing and maintaining print and digital advertising sales in an assigned territory.
- Identifying sales opportunities through targeting, researching, identifying, and developing new clients.
- Making face to face sales calls within a designated territory to prospective and existing clients; conducting needs assessments and identifying opportunity.
- Building effective multi-media plans for clients with a focus on ROI.
- Making sales presentations to advertising agencies as well as national and regional organizations, etc.
- Establish and maintain strong business relationships with prospective and existing partners as well as provide product or service information to customers in support of new business offerings.
- Developing market intelligence and knowledge of competition, options, and industry trends to show customers their most profitable advertising source.
- Overseeing and developing products in the sponsored content portfolio while coaching and leading the small team selling SC products across the GFM network.
- Travel to ensure the sales staff meet or exceed territory sales objectives.
- Participate in trade shows and conferences as needed.
- Maintaining required sales records.
- Performing other duties as required.
- A University degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or Commerce preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in sales, preferably in the advertising sales field.
- Some farm-related background or experience is helpful.
- Able to develop and maintain good working relations with advertising customers and advertising agencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form.
- Has an innate curiosity to meet people.
- Ability to plan and organize work program with established policies and schedules.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word.
- Experience with social media and is digitally savvy.
- Naviga or other CRM database experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to work extensively with both internal and external customers in a courteous and timely manner.
It is expected that this person in this position will travel throughout Canada and the US to meet clients and attend conferences on the company’s behalf. The ability to air travel and have a valid passport is required.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.