THE SQUAMISH CHIEF – MEDIA ACCOUNT MANAGER
Motivated to grow your career in a vibrant community?
Come be a part of our awesome team as The Squamish Chief’s new Media Account Manager.
If you don’t already live in Squamish, you should know it’s one of the most innovative and attractive communities on the West Coast just a short commute from the North Shore of Vancouver. It has a growing worldwide reputation for outdoor recreation with world-class mountain biking, rock climbing, water sports and skiing, boarding and the backcountry in the winter. We’re youthful, engaged and passionate about where we live!
We’ve got an opportunity to work and truly be a part of this inspired community at its media hub, The Squamish Chief. We’re part of Glacier Media Group and Local News Network, the largest local digital network in Canada. We work with our clients to offer cutting edge solutions like programmatic, Social, SEO, sponsored content and community display advertising on our website – and yes, we reach customers through our trusted newspaper as well. We’ve got media opportunities covered.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have sales experience and are comfortable making cold calls and setting up/ leading meetings with new and existing clients.
- A self-starter with a consultative selling approach working with clients planning both digital and print advertising campaigns.
- Building and maintaining client relationships with your exceptional communication skills comes easy to you.
- You are a goal orientated individual with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- You possess strong organizational skills and have the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
Here are the essentials of what we offer:
- Competitive salary + uncapped commission package.
- Comprehensive health and dental coverage and extended benefits.
- Extensive onboarding training and ongoing support.
Come join us!
Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to Sarah Strother at: sstrother[at]wplpmedia[dot]com
Closing date is October 15, 2021
We thank all submissions of interest in this career opportunity. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be notified.