Term: May 1- September 18, 2020
Location: To be determined. GFM has offices in Saskatoon, SK; Winnipeg, MB; and Guelph, ON
Who we are:
Glacier FarmMedia (GFM) is Canada’s largest farm publisher of brands including: Western Producer, Alberta Farmer Express, Grainews, Manitoba Cooperator, Farmtario and more; and operator of Canada’s foremost farm shows: Ag in Motion (Saskatoon, SK) and Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show (Woodstock, ON), plus the winter conference the Farm Forum Event (Saskatoon, SK). Other products include premium weather and markets services, listing and classified website and the award-winning podcast Between the Rows. GFM reaches thousands of Ag professionals. We have a strong, “get-it-done” culture with a passion for agriculture and Canadian farmers.
As part of the Marketing and Communications team, you will report to the Vice-President of Marketing and provide support and coordination across GFM businesses. Portfolios of work could include the sponsorship and tradeshow program, events and conferences, publications, premium services and listings. This position is part communications, customer service and on-site execution.
Exceptional organization and time-management, quality writing ability and general understanding of marketing and communications are key components of the role, along with the ability to provide great service to internal and external clients.
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications teams on initiatives of the utmost importance to GFM brands and reputation
- Supporting the fulfillment of partnership agreements, including liaising with key clients, booking advertising, coordinating tradeshows, drafting company copy that describes the benefits to farmers, agribusinesses, government influencers and more
- Copy and content writing of marketing and communications materials, like brochures, guides, print and digital ads, websites, digital promo pieces
- Writing and monitoring social media posts
- Working with the show teams to contact exhibitors, sponsors, farmers and other partners to ensure contracts and obligations are fulfilled
- Travel to COFS, AIM and other events may be required (at GFM expense).
- Providing administrative support as required and assisting with other duties as assigned
- Always exercise a high level of customer service skills, problem solving and maturity when working with agricultural companies.
- Some weekend work and long hours may be required.
- Exceptional client service and relationship management (both internal and external)
- Highly motivated and driven towards team success
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Able/willing to travel within Canada
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in agriculture (or a relevant diploma/degree, plus farm experience) or in marketing/communications
- Experience in agriculture
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
We promise a real career opportunity, and purposeful work. We even think it’s pretty fun.
Apply today with your resume and cover letter to: humanresources[at]farmmedia[dot]com
Deadline for submissions: March 27, 2020