Purpose: Supporting the Glacier FarmMedia (GFM) mission, along with the Marketing and Communications Department’s Foundational Document, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator will work alongside a talented team of professionals to educate and engage farmers and agriculture industry leaders about the power of GFM’s products.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing you are a key member of the Marketing and Communications Division. You will support GFM marketing strategies by: coordinating marketing and communications projects; providing copy and content for communications pieces; managing social media accounts from strategy through to execution; providing exceptional service to internal and external clients; and sharing your insights, thoughts and strategic advice as we find new and innovative ways to help farmers and ag professionals improve farming in Canada.
Description of Work Performed:
- Collaborate with the Marketing & Communications and Events & Conferences teams to produce the highest quality of marketing and communications work
- Project coordination and execution: determine work back schedules and work plans; seek alignment from stakeholders; provide detailed briefs, messaging and direction to writers, designers and other resources; print and distribute final material
- Coordinate, and occasionally perform, copy and content writing for communications pieces like brochures, print and digital ads, websites, social media and more
- Support strategic communication planning and media relations
- Work closely with the sponsorship and sales team to ensure communications deliverables are fulfilled as per client agreements
- Marketing and communications administration, including ad buying and trafficking (external)
- Participate in Marketing and Communications Division activities to support all GFM products, services and offerings.
- Analyze marketing programs to inform strategy and tactics to gauge effectiveness; provide regular status updates/reports on marketing key performance indicators.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis on Marketing and/or Communications
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Experience in social media management, including paid and organic campaigns across several platforms, with a focus on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Involvement in Canadian agriculture would be considered a strong asset
- Highly adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Keen attention to detail
- Superior organization, multi-tasking and follow-through skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office
- Must be able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
Terms of Employment:
- Some flexibility and weekend hours will occasionally be required. The nature of working in events means that the weeks leading up to show time may require some weekend work and longer hours.
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary including an attractive benefits package. If this sounds like the perfect fit, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: humanresources[at]farmmedia[dot]com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.