Glacier FarmMedia, a division of Glacier Media, specializes in Agriculture Products serving Farmers and Agri-businesses across Canada and Northern US. We are looking for a full-time Manager of Digital Operations & IT to join our team. Your primary role will be to supervise the web development team, provide them with a framework and structure, define KPIs, mentor careers and participate in their career development.
This position will be based in Winnipeg. You will report to and work with the Director of Digital Products and Operations and with the IT Team to balance and support one another; making changes to responsibilities as is mutually agreed and necessary to do so.
- Manage the Development team by providing them with a framework and structure. Implement and strengthen a framework, such as working hours, time and effort management, etc.
- Mentor the careers of developers by performing annual reviews, setting individual goals, and regular check-ins on progress; special focus on developing coding best practices, so that projects are easier to maintain and evolve; and supervise project builds
- Support the Director of Digital Products and Operations in his work to define, establish, analyze, contextualize, and manage different projects
- On occasion assist with local end user I.T. needs and problems
- Collaborate on internal initiatives and project management items in the AgDealer Operational queue
- Post secondary education in Computer Science, IT, or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in team management environment or similar
- Ability to multitask and prioritize requests as needed
- Create documentation and train users
- Analytically sound - manage the business by numbers and KPIs
- Self-starter; building a new team and charting new product strategies
- Team player with a positive and dynamic personality
- Organized and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in stressful situations and act quick to solve problems
- Great communicator; Communicate effectively with cross-functional teams, Present options and recommendations, be Customer focused.
- Project Management:
- Ability to lead IT projects; gathering and assessing user and business needs; can translate business objectives into technical requirements
- Previous experience with Agile methodology and Scrum Sprints
- A strong understanding of computer languages
- Willingness to learn and keep up to date on latest technology trends, suggest new trends and ideas to business
- Networks/Architecture; Experience with cloud technologies, Skilled in server management; Understanding of SQL, MySQL
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary including an attractive benefits package. If this sounds like the perfect fit, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: humanresources[at]farmmedia[dot]com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.