Reporting to the Director of Communications and Engagement, the Marketing & Communications Lead will play a key role in defining the marketing strategy for Discovery Farm and its suite of brands, including Ag in Motion, Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show, Farm Forum Event and Discovery Farm. Special events throughout the year may require marketing and communications support as part of the portfolio.
This is a multi-faceted role, encompassing product development, brand strategy, promotion, managing marketing partners, and developing work-smart processes. It requires department leadership in data-driven communications, marketing, and knowledge transfer activities.
Product. The Marketing & Communications Lead is responsible for the Discovery Farm suite of brands, developing a cohesive brand strategy throughout the Discovery Farm division and working with the Discovery Farm leadership team to further develop the value proposition of each brand. The Marketing Lead plays a critical role in new knowledge transfer and marketing product development, testing innovative products, developing value proposition and pricing, using input from farmers and customers and data-informed decision-making.
Promotion. Develop marketing strategies and campaigns to meet brand objectives and revenue targets for each product. Developing a budget against plans that will drive brand awareness and increase engaged digital audience. Responsible for farmer attendance and registration for Ag in Motion, Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show, and other Discovery Farm events.
Partners. Overseeing execution by building a stable of contractors and freelancers and creating win-win relationships with these practitioners. Overseeing the development of foundational pieces like brand kits and strategies to enable effective resource-in-time project management and for partners and customers to amplify brand messaging.
Process. Working in a way that relies on project management principles and process. Overseeing resource-in-time project management. Developing process to effectively onboard and offboard contractors, freelancers, and interns to projects. Leverage process to provide exceptional service to farmers and customers.
This role will require an experienced marketer who is exceptional at multitasking. In this role, you will work with a variety of internal teams and external practitioners on projects with many moving parts. Additionally, you will be required to have a broad understanding of all types of marketing methods and how they can work together. Practically, you will oversee brand, creative platform, marketing and communications campaigns, sponsorship and trade shows, website management, content platform management, advertising, and data analytics, and SEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and oversee the implementation of brand and marketing strategy and execution for Discovery Farm and the brands within the division, with the goal of supporting business objectives, while managing expenses and generating revenue.
- Develop annual marketing plans and campaigns to meet business objectives through a mix of marketing and communications tools.
- Managing a roster of contractors and freelancers, including seeking talented practitioners, developing service agreements and payment terms, maintaining relationships.
- Working with a variety of internal and external media channels, you will build a marketing budget for the brands that fall within your portfolio.
- Develop a data-informed marketing function, where farmer and customer data, insights, and analytics are leveraged for new product development, engaged audience growth, revenue generation and decision-making.
- Understanding key marketing metrics, analytics and reporting to assess campaign progress as well as informing the need for adjustments and pivots throughout the marketing funnel.
- Oversee marketing plan execution
- Effectively manage resources, revenue, and budget, including working with team members to develop a resource model built upon external partners, trusted contractors, and internships.
- Liaison with product leads and the Communications, Marketing and Knowledge Transfer Team to bring the highest level of marketing and communications expertise to each brand.
- Work closely with creative teams on creative development of unique materials that communicate with impact across several different marketing channels.
Educational requirements: A degree in marketing, communications, business, or agriculture
Years of experience: five years
Technical skills: Branding, marketing and communications strategy and planning. Budgeting, managing resources, proficiency in leveraging data and analytics to drive decision making, various marketing and communications channels. Great attention to detail and proficiency in multi-tasking is a must.
Software: Strong computer skills are required, including a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Teams, Adobe Acrobat, and other collaborative business tools.
Soft skills: Thrive working within a close team environment, maintaining a positive team culture, and passionate about sharing ideas for continuous improvement throughout the portfolio. The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment is an asset.
This role is ‘remote’ and can work anywhere within Canada. Travel Requirements approximately 20%.
Please send resumes to hr[at]farmmedia[dot]com before end of day February 1, 2022.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.