Glacier FarmMedia, a division of Glacier Media, specializes in Agriculture Products serving Farmers and Agri-businesses across Canada and Northern US. We are looking for a Full Stack PHP Developer to help take our Digital Marketplace products to the next level. We are looking for someone with a passion for building web applications and is fluent in technologies across the entire stack. We work in a highly collaborative environment, where each member of the team is expected to solve technical and business problems for our users and customers.
What we’re looking for:
Our team requires a “full stack” developer who can handle both backend (Laravel/PHP) and frontend (JS/CSS/HTML) development tasks, along with associated activities such as managing version control, code reviews, data migration, CI/CD and deployment, project analysis and planning/estimation and whatever else comes along. You will architect and develop new online experiences, experiment and iterate with existing web products, and collaborate with Product Owners and stakeholders to create the leading Digital Marketplace in the rapidly growing AgriTech space.
Equivalent skills in a different language or similar framework etc. will also be considered.
- 3+ years of experience developing scalable web applications
- Strength and experience in architecting, building, and scaling PHP applications with Laravel, Symfony, or other PHP frameworks at a large scale
- Experience working with RDBMS such as SQL Server and MySQL, including Laravel migrations, relationships, working with views/stored procedures
- Strong understanding and experience in Git (including rebasing, squashing, cherry-picking, etc.), branching strategy, PR reviews in Github/Gitlab
- Ability to collaborate and communicate clearly with Technical, Product and business stakeholders
Skills/experience that an ideal candidate will possess, in addition to the above “Required” skills.
- Experience working with search engines such as Elastic, Amazon CloudSearch, Solr, etc.
- Experience with frontend/JS testing in Jest/Karma etc.
- Strong understanding of UX and design principles, accessibility and client experience
- Experience working with Google Analytics and Tag Manager, and similar tools
- Experience working in an “Agile/Sprint/Kanban” project management system such as JIRA
- Ability to accurately plan and estimate projects/tasks
- Using Lambda/Serverless in Node/Python, along with API Gateway or similar tech
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to HR[at]farmmedia[dot]com, or submit via job posting. If sending direct, you must include the job title in the subject line. All applicants must apply with a resume and cover letter clearly stating salary expectations, no later than February 4, 2022.
Glacier FarmMedia is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We are an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our team and communities. Should you need accommodation at any point in the process, please advise us.