Glacier FarmMedia, a division of Glacier Media, specializes in agriculture products that serve farmers and agri-businesses across Canada and the northern US. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to help take our digital products to the next level; someone with a passion for web development who is fluent in technologies across the entire stack.
Our team requires a “full stack” developer who can handle both backend and frontend development tasks, along with associated activities such as managing version control, code reviews, planning/estimation, and whatever else comes along. You will architect and develop new online experiences and collaborate with stakeholders to create new digital solutions, along with providing support and maintenance for our existing products.
You will be working on a network of sites that generates more than 4 million monthly page views and is the #1 source of agriculture news for Canadian farmers, including leading agriculture publications, such as producer.com; farmtario.com; grainews.ca, and many more.
Duties and responsibilities
- Backend and frontend development tasks
- Managing version control
- Code reviews
- Assisting with maintenance and support of existing products
- Project analysis and planning/estimation
- Architect and develop new online experiences
- Experiment and iterate with existing web products
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to create a best-in-class digital experience for our audience
Must-haves: Required skills.
- 4+ years of experience in developing scalable web applications
- Experience in architecting, building, and scaling PHP applications
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with PHP and best practices
- Strong knowledge of object-oriented programming
- Experience with front-end development libraries such as React or Vue
- Strong understanding and experience with Git
- Experience consuming and/or creating APIs
- Ability to accurately plan and estimate projects/tasks
- Experience developing custom WordPress plugins for use at the enterprise level
- 2+ years of experience developing within WordPress
Nice-to-haves: Skills/experience that an ideal candidate will possess, in addition to the above “Required” skills.
- Experience with Next.js, Gatsby or Headless WordPress
- Strong understanding of UX and design principles, accessibility, and user experience
- Experience working with Google Analytics and Tag Manager and similar tools
- Ability to use WordPress technologies like WP-CLI and the WP-REST-API
- Experience turning ideas, wireframes, and designs into well-executed code
Working Conditions - This role is remote and can work anywhere within Canada
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to hr[at]farmmedia[dot]com or submit via job posting. If sending direct, you must include the job title in the subject line. All applicants must apply with a resume and cover letter clearly stating salary expectations, no later than June 30, 2022.
Glacier FarmMedia is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We are an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our team and communities. Should you need accommodation at any point in the process, please advise us.