As the Farm and Field Manager, you will be responsible to manager the day-to-day operations for Discovery Farm Langham and the current research projects. You will play a direct role in the implementation of research projects and should be a Professional Agronomist with experience in a variety of tasks. You will also be responsible for managing the day to day work loads of both Discovery Farm employees and Summer Students.
- Manages day to day operations for Discovery Farm Langham.
- Professional agronomist that has experience in field research to lead data collection, scouting, and field management decisions.
- Manages summer students, part time and seasonal help.
- Relationship management with clients and partnerships regarding day-to-day farm operations such as equipment, inputs, etc.
- Liaison with event leads to coordinate their operational needs of the site. (i.e., Ag in Motion, Field Days)
- Delivers and manages irrigation program which includes AIM plots and Discovery Farm plots.
- Advise and execute on research project protocols outlined by the research leads.
- Manage crop and inputs from purchasing to selling.
- Organize and coordinate in the off season to ensure Discovery Farm Langham is planned for the next growing season.
- Bachelor of Science in Agriculture
- Registration with the Saskatchewan Institute of Agronomists is required, but can be completed upon hiring.
- 5+ years in an applied agriculture research setting.
- 5+ years in a management role.
- Practical farming experience and knowledge.
- Experience operating farm machinery.
- This position will be required to work flexible hours during peak season.
- Valid License
- Valid CPR/First Aid Certificate, but can be completed upon hiring.
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary including an attractive benefits package. If this sounds like the perfect fit, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: humanresources[at]farmmedia[dot]com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.