This is a dynamic, multi-faceted position that involves working closely with the event sales management team and agricultural companies, with an emphasis on customer service.
Who we are:
Glacier FarmMedia (GFM) is Canada's largest farm publisher and operator of Canada's foremost farm shows: Ag in Motion (Langham, SK) and Canada's Outdoor Farm Show (Woodstock, ON), the Farm Forum Event (Saskatoon, SK) and Advancing Women in Agriculture Conference, along with developing and supporting other company-lead and partner-lead events and conferences. We have a strong, "get-it-done" culture with a passion for agriculture and Canadian farming.
The two outdoor shows, Ag in Motion (AIM) and Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show, located on the Discovery Farm sites in Langham, ON and Woodstock, ON, connect farmers with agricultural companies to see and experience the latest innovation and technology in agriculture. Each year, they attract tens of thousands of attendees and hundred of agricultural exhibitors, showcasing products and services through interactive displays and live demonstrations of machinery, livestock, crops, niche markets, energy and more. During the pandemic, the shows pivoted to virtual events, but in 2022, plans are underway to once again host in-person shows.
Reporting to the lead of Sales and Sponsorship, this position will work alongside the sales team, with a heavy focus on servicing the customer once they have committed to participating in the show(s). This role entails customer service, sales and on-site execution. This is a dynamic position that involves working with hundreds of agricultural companies, from servicing the customer at the beginning of the sales journey, right through to in the field during the event.
- Lead customer service and support for confirmed exhibitors
- Execute exhibitor customer journey, working closely with the marketing and sales teams
- Lead exhibitor services execution; this involves a review with each exhibitor and providing them with information, selling additional services and answering any questions they may have
- Respond to phone inquiries for any exhibitor services questions
- During the events, being the point person for exhibitors who have event service needs
- Project manage Map Your Show and set up for new year
- Work closely with the Sales Manager on communications for exhibitors; send them to exhibitors
- Exceptional client service and relationship management (both internal and external)
- Highly motivated and driven towards team success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dialed into the agriculture landscape
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in agriculture (or a relevant diploma/degree, plus farm experience)
- Able/willing to travel
- Project management (preferred)
- Sales experience (preferred)
The nature of working in events means that the weeks leading up to show time require weekend work and longer hours. A flexible schedule year-round will offset this.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please apply to ccarson[at]farmmedia[dot]com, or submit via job posting. If sending direct, you must include the job title in the subject line. All applicants must apply with a resume and cover letter and salary expectations no later than February 14, 2022.
Glacier FarmMedia is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We are an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our team and communities. Should you need accommodation at any point in the process, please advise us.