Who we are:
Technology is driving the Resource Industry in new and exciting directions; as the industry evolves it is presented with new challenges never faced before. Artificial intelligence, machine learning, block chain technology, the environment, battery metal demands and other emerging innovations promise to transform many areas in and around the industry. Are today’s companies ready to deal with that transformation?
The Glacier Resource Innovation Group’s goal is to provide the tools necessary to meet these challenges head on. Through news, networking, education, and career planning, our products help real people in the Resource Industry feel confident that they’re working towards shared success. Rebranded, revitalized and relaunched in 2019, The Glacier Resource Innovation Group is comprised of a core of respected brands from across the resource sector, all with a well-established global presence.
Reporting to the Chief Content Officer (CCO) in the fast-growing media part of our business, you will be instrumental in leading the planning, production and execution phases of a wide variety of regional, national, and international events, both large and small. Including: strategic corporate events, conferences, trade shows, round table discussions and more. You will work proactively with all stakeholders while supporting the CCO to ensure the delivery of all business requirements while simultaneously driving organic growth.
This role is equal parts relationship management and event-savvy, designing high touch events experiences. Your “hands-on” approach will be required to provide direct insight and strategy on how to improve and grow the programs. You will build a relationship based on trust, innovation and the delivery of consistent results that meet or exceed expectations.
You Would Be Perfect for This Role If:
You have a go-getter personality, superior organizational skills, flexibility, ability to thrive in a high-pressure environment and excellent verbal and written communication skills. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and possess a strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability. You have experience working cross-functionally, with the ability to build strong relationships quickly and manage multiple priorities and you strive to over-deliver. You stay current on the latest trends in the live events industry. Upbeat, friendly, and positive in even the most challenging of situations; you can handle high stress and can creatively problem-solve with a meticulous eye for detail.
In This Role, You Will:
- Produce various events including, but not limited to conferences, trade shows, and round tables - locally, nationally and internationally
- Liaise with key stakeholders – speakers, sponsors, and management
- Own end-to-end event planning: agenda preparation, speaker and talent booking, scriptwriting, presentation content strategy and design, AV vendor management
- Work within a small team of dedicated and hardworking staff
- Conduct telephone and in-person research within a target market to develop event agendas
- Work with the marketing team on promotional event brochures and signage
- Conduct ongoing research within an assigned area to further your industry knowledge and develop potential new event ideas
- Establish and maintain relationships with key professionals, industry leaders and senior executives within relevant vertical markets
- Attend and oversee events, including providing the opening introduction
- Develop and manage budgets; execute programs on-budget based on divisional revenue goals
- Proactively coordinate and manage project schedules to ensure project deliverables are brought in on time, within budget, schedule and quality targets
- Initiate follow-up activities post-show, to ensure continuous improvement including debrief sessions, the preparation of reports, and the close out of all billing details
- A passion for the business! You must love event production
- 1-3 years’ minimum experience in event production
- Strong business acumen – budgeting is something you have an affinity for, the ability to identify, negotiate and manage resources
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills both oral and written with the ability to relate to stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent organization, prioritization, planning, communication, influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills
- Flexibility – must be available to work flexible hours which may include evenings/and or weekends during event execution. Willingness and ability to travel nationally and internationally is a must
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree is an asset
- Sound knowledge of the mining, exploration, finance and media sectors is a strong asset
We are certified as a Great Place to Work! We encourage a healthy work-life balance, fair treatment of staff, and clear and open communication at all levels. We’re passionate about building an inclusive and diverse workplace. We invest in education and support and encourage professional development. We offer a competitive salary, extended health benefits, and flexible schedules.
We promise to provide colleagues who are as unique, talented and likeable as you are. You can do amazing work here and we’re committed to helping you achieve your full potential but it’s up to you to make it happen.
Our office is located in North York, Ontario. Apply today with your cover letter, resume and compensation expectations to hr[at]GlacierRIG[dot]com.
No phone calls please. All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Closing: November 15, 2019