Ag in Motion as the largest agricultural trade show in Western Canada, provides an outdoor venue for progressive farmers that want to see and feel the latest agricultural innovations – all in one place. Ag in Motion brings innovation to the field through interactive exhibits and live field and crop plot demonstrations. The Expo was created to empower farmers by providing the knowledge they need to make informed decisions.
This Position is for a temporary Event hand operations team member who will assist in completing all operations tasks assigned by the operations manager. This role will do a large variety of work on-site including but not limited to installing signage, delivering exhibitor supplies to booth spaces, shuttling staff and exhibitors on site, covering breaks, etc. We are recruiting for multiple vacancies.
The duration of this role will be between 3-10 days including the days of the show and training before the show. The role will set to begin during July 10 – July 23, 2023.
Duties and responsibilities
- Organize, assemble, and put up all signs on site.
- Respond to booth measurements issues and remeasure, loop in Lead if assistance is required.
- Part of the Emergency Response Team
- Provide relief where needed so others can take breaks.
- Rescue downed golf carts/RTVs
- Respond to shuttle calls if no answer from shuttle services.
- Assist the Operations Lead with any task they require.
- Light landscaping e.g. Raking grass cuttings, weed trimming
- Organize and fulfill Ice and Water deliveries to exhibitors at pre-defined times.
- Install flags and fulfill other exhibitor service requests.
- 8 hour + shifts
- Valid Driver's License
- Experience operating RTV/UTV vehicles is an asset
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- All shifts will start with operators checking in on-site in the morning to the operations manager.
- Tasks will be assigned by the operations manager.
- Shifts will be between 8-10 hours.
- Any overtime incurred will be calculated in accordance with provincial law.
- Meals will be provided on days close to show time (full schedule will be provided)
Job Types: Fixed term contract, Freelance
Contract length: 3-10 days
Salary: $15.00-$20.00 per hour
Benefits: On-site parking
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types: Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-07-10