SASKTODAY.ca represents a unique achievement by journalists and news organizations in the province. Twelve news organizations have joined forces to provide Saskatchewan with its local news – because it matters.
Local news is no longer just what happens down the street. Local events, happenings and stories of all kinds are impacted – and even evoked — by a larger world of current events and global occurrences, such as the historic pandemic we are still working our way through. SASKTODAY.ca brings it all together.
We are looking for a court/crime/local government reporter to join our digital editorial team. This position will be based out of the city of North Battleford, Sask.
This unique opportunity will involve travel and building a network of resources to provide timely and relevant coverage of crime, court cases, first responder events and law enforcement and local government issues by way of hard news, feature and investigative stories
Applicants are expected to have superior news judgment, clean and accurate reporting and an interest in reaching and engaging with new audiences through SEO and social media.
- A journalism degree, diploma or minimum 3 years’ equivalent experience, including court and crime reporting.
- Familiarity or willingness to learn audience engagement concepts, including social media storytelling and SEO.
- Proficiency in digital photography.
- Knowledge of CP style.
- Ability to work efficiently, in a deadline-driven environment, both independently and constructively in collaboration with a wider team when required.
- Weekend and some evening reporting may be required.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Benefits: Medical and dental, car allowance, as well as paid vacation and statutory holidays
- Term: Full-time, salaried. Please note that while this is a Monday-Friday position, some weekend and evening reporting may be required
- Workplace: Hybrid. Reporters can work out of a physical newsroom and/or remotely.
- Training: Glacier Media Group highly values ongoing training and skills development, including professional development
If you are interested in this opportunity: Please send your resume, cover letter and work samples to: Jayne Foster, Editor, at jfoster[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca. (Please include “Job Posting” in the subject line)
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.