MINING.com is a division of InfoMine Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Glacier Media Inc.
Who We Are:
InfoMine brings the mining community together through technology. As an online data services and media company, we have +1 million unique users a month who come to connect with the mining industry through news, education, careers and intelligence. MINING.com is the leading digital publication covering the global mining sector.
People are busy. Our goal is to provide fast, comprehensive and compelling news and opinion. Today readers find news many ways, through search, portals, social platforms and e-mail newsletters. MINING.com publishes on multiple channels reaching a global audience. MINING.com is growing fast and embarking on an exciting new development path.
We are looking for a full-time Editorial Assistant who would work with our team based out of our head office in downtown Vancouver, BC, Canada. This is a junior position with ample scope for growth and advancement. Candidates must be willing to work flexible hours. Weekend work will be required from time to time.
Who You Are:
You’re a recent graduate of a journalism school, related university program with some work experience. You’re a news junky and will thrive within a newsroom environment. You have a keen interest in all aspects of the resource world including geopolitics, the environment, economic trends, technology and industry. You combine attention to detail and accuracy with a creative approach to editing and writing.
- Assist editorial team with all aspects of website and content, including scheduling, production, general office assistance, administration, research, compiling and updating online information
- Produce high-quality short and long-form content, both through original story ideas and stories assigned to you
- Sourcing and syndicating news, editing contributed content, producing and publishing e-mail newsletters
- Track, understand, and explain developing trends in Mining and Mining technology
- Be fluent on social media in promoting content and interacting with wider mining community
- Work to ensure a high level of communication and teamwork to help improve all aspects of MINING.com
- Graduate of journalism school or related university program with some writing/editorial experience
- Good understanding of business and technology, an interest in financial markets, the economy is ideal
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, sound editorial judgement
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills, attention to detail and ability to work well under pressure both individually and as part of a team
Familiarity with content management systems, image and video editing, data journalism and resource industries
We are a diverse and inclusive workplace, and proud to be officially certified as a Great Place to Work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we bring our whole selves to work including paid volunteer time, innovation training, good coffee, free snacks and monthly socials, making it a truly fun place to work.
Think you’re a great fit for this job? Apply today! Please send your resume, portfolio and compensation expectations to jobs[at]mining[dot]com. Please put Editorial Assistant in the subject heading. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
Closing Date: December 31, 2018