Business Information Group is a division of Glacier Media Inc, established to foster high‐growth opportunities focusing on data, software and technology. The Business Information Group manages a portfolio of companies focused on delivering data‐centric solutions for some of North America’s most vital industries (Real Estate, Environmental Services, Agriculture and Mining). The Group is looking for a motivated Director of Finance with a high level of initiative to join a growing team. The Director of Finance will work closely within the financial management team, supporting the President of the Business Information Group and the business unit leaders to provide financial leadership and operational support.
- Oversee the financial and operational results of the business units within the Business Information Group.
- Ensure timely monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting to Group Management and the Parent Company, Glacier.
- Monitor financial performance and identify operational issues impacting the Business Units.
- Prepare annual Group budgets and assist with forecasting, planning, and cash flow projections
- perform financial analysis or modelling when required to support investment and business decisions
- Prepare quarterly consolidated Group financial statements
- Provide mentorship and guidance to junior accounting staff (currently 1 FTE) and the financial leads within each Business Unit
- Understand business operations of each division along with their business processes and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist with developing strategic plans for the Business Units
- Liaise with head office and external auditors to support compliance reporting.
- Assist in design and implementation of financial and business systems
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Qualified Professional Accountant (CPA, CA) with a minimum of five years of accounting and finance experience with two years of managerial or leadership experience (public practice experience is a significant asset).
- Experience in communicating with non‐technical stakeholders
- Strong IFRS knowledge, consolidation, and financial reporting knowledge
- Team player with strong leadership and communication skills
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and work along aside the divisions when needed
- Ability to work under pressure and plan workload effectivelyPreferred experience and skills include (but not required)
- Exposure to large and complex companies with various stakeholders
- Have previous system implementation experience
We offer a competitive total compensation package inclusive of group benefits, and retirement savings plan.
Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectation to: corporate-finance[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca
We thank all submissions of interest in this career opportunity. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.