Eastward Media, the Chinese digital agency division of Glacier Media Group, is seeking to add a Digital Specialist to their rapidly growing team.
Reporting to Naomi Zhao, VP of Eastward Media, the Digital Specialist's core responsibilities are to service and grow their portfolio of advertising clients, nurture business relationships, and execute a multitude of advertising projects ensuring a timely delivery and high quality of output. Digital Specialists are expected to provide exceptional service to clients, present new and innovative advertising ideas that are in-line with the advertising briefs. This is a role requiring technical expertise, cultural understanding, native fluency in Chinese and English, and strong interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have a better understanding of digital media landscape, develop media proposal based on qualitative and quantitative market research;
- Execute Chinese social media campaigns on WeChat & Weibo & Red, such as Simplified Chinese copywriting; track social engagement metrics and demographic trends to help pinpoint content that drives account traffic and conversion.
- Manage and review the progress of client advertising projects, coordinate with different departments to fulfill timely delivery and quality standards;
- Produce and present regular digital marketing performance reports;
- Nurture business relationships with assigned clients and discover opportunities for account growth and the provision of additional services;
- Conduct meetings with clients as well as inform them about the current and post work status of their projects;
- Identify accounts whose revenue may be shrinking, address any ‘at risk’ customers and reach out to these accounts to ensure they are retained;
- Graphic design/photo editing, video editing;
- Maintains website through regular content updates (current site is under Wordpress, Comfort with HTML and CSS is a definite plus)
Skills & Experience Required:
- 1.5+ years of experience working in a client-facing role;
- 1.5+ years of experience in project coordination;
- Experienced and / or knowledgeable in Chinese social media;
- Understand KOL and KOC campaigns;
- Know how to edit social video will be a valuable asset;
- Have a better understanding of Google Analytics & Google Ads is a plus;
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically with photo editing and have HTML, CSS and WordPress experience;
- Strong willingness to learn and win, and is committed to self-development;
- Proven ability to meet deliverables;
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with thorough follow up skills;
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change and fast-paced development;
- Well-organized and detail-oriented;
- Self-motivated and energetic;
- Inclusive, collaborative, and adaptable
Working hours are 9:00 – 5:00 PM but will involve extended hours to meet project deadlines.
Office: 303 W 5th Avenue, Vancouver, BC
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to Naomi Zhao at nzhao[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca before July 22, 2022.
Glacier FarmMedia is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We are an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our team and communities. Should you need accommodation at any point in the process, please advise us.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please no phone calls or office visits pertaining to this posting.