Glacier Media is seeking a digital reporter to join our team of talented journalists at our new regional website sasktoday.ca.
The successful candidate is passionate about breaking news and digging for compelling local stories. You seek to engage and inform the community by telling stories that resonate across the digital landscape, including newsletter, social and other platforms.
Applicants are expected to have superior news judgment, clean and accurate reporting and an interest in reaching and engaging with new audiences through SEO, social media optimization and experimental storytelling.
- Reporting and writing stories for the web, including tailoring content for social media, newsletters and other digital platforms.
- Working with central digital teams to create videos, graphics and other multimedia content to support your work.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with reporting and writing in a deadline-oriented news organization.
- Familiarity with audience engagement, including social media storytelling and fundamentals of SEO.
- Ability to file video clips or photography using a mobile device.
- Ability to work efficiently, in a deadline-driven environment, both independently and constructively in collaboration with a wider team when required.
Sasktoday.ca connects everyone in Saskatchewan together because we know the news doesn’t stop at a community’s boundaries. Together with our print publications, we serve the widest a wide swath of communities across Saskatchewan.
Sasktoday.ca is owned by Glacier Media Group, a dynamic media organization that owns newspapers and other media outlets across Canada.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Please send your resume, cover letter and work samples to Katie Mercer, vice-president content, at kmercer[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca AND Gord Brewerton, Vice-President, Operations, Saskatchewan at: gbrewerton[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca.
Thank you for your interest in this position and for your submission. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be notified.