Be a part of The Squamish Chief team within Glacier Media.
The Squamish Chief – a division of Glacier Media Group – is looking for a Digital and Print Sales Manager.
We seek someone with a proven ability to hunt for new business, manage an existing book of business, and provide overall direction to the sales team.
The manager’s core responsibilities are to lead the organization’s sales efforts and grow the portfolio of advertising clients through new business development, nurturing business relationships, and executing a multitude of advertising projects.
Squamish is a breathtaking community of 20,000 people at the head of Howe Sound on British Columbia’s west coast. It has a growing worldwide reputation for outdoor recreation with world-class rock-climbing, mountain biking, water sports and many more pursuits, and a youthful, engaged and passionate population.
- Manage and develop a small sales team
- Grow and manage a client base in order to achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Build and maintain client relationships with exceptional customer service
- Prospect new business in all mediums, including: digital, newspaper and magazines
- Develop new sales opportunities through new revenue channels or products
- Solid planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Expertise in consultative audience based selling and proven negotiation skills
- A self-starter who can work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills; proactive, energetic and a team player
- Ability to write & create proposals and deliver engaging presentations
- Have a positive attitude and a love of sales
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross departmentally
- High school diploma required; post-secondary education in marketing, sales or another related discipline a definite asset
- Minimum of three years sales experience, preferably in an advertising environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of the media landscape
- Strong willingness to learn, with a proven ability to meet deliverables
- Ability to travel locally; access to a vehicle
- Experience selling digital services including online displaying advertising, SEO, SEM, programmatic, and sponsored content is an asset
We offer a strong uncapped commission package on top of a base salary, benefits, holidays and an incredible team of motivated, positive individuals committed to greatness.
Glacier Media Group is a division of Glacier Media Inc, a publicly owned Canadian company, traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (GVC.T). Glacier publishes community newspapers in over 100 markets in Western Canada and is Canada’s largest publisher of trade publications.
Please email your resume and cover letter to sstrother[at]wplpmedia[dot]com by August 31, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted