STP is based in Vancouver, in the Olympic Village area. Our company provides Environmental, Health & Safety North American and Global business leaders, compliance and audit managers, and professionals with comprehensive, up-to-date resources to ensure compliance, and obtain guidance on key regulatory issues. We are a division of the Glacier Media Group.
We are looking for a full-time Data Analyst with project manager experience for our Regulatory Product. The Analyst will work with the current Regulatory Specialist, who has implemented the Product from conception, and will eventually take over the full responsibility for the Regulatory Product, with the current Specialist working towards an advisory position.
The successful candidate will possess a strong knowledge of technology and have great people management skills, as well as being extremely organized and efficient. This position is part of the management team, but works actively with the whole STP team, and is required to be able to multi-task and work well under time constraints.
Here's what you will do on a daily basis:
- Develop and maintain processes for initial development and subsequent update of full text regulatory content for the US, Canada and Mexico, as well as regulatory change notifications for multiple jurisdictions:
- Oversee and coordinate the various STP content teams' activities
- Maintain overall schedule
- Prioritize tasks
- Conduct training and technical support
- Assess existing and potential content for technical handling issues
- Work in partnership with IT, Marketing, Sales MIS Partnerships (Management Information Solutions).
- Liaise with external content vendors (content data is both supplied by external vendors as well as developed in-house).
- Participate as needed in functionality development to:
- Design systems to integrate data into existing platform content and functionality
- Ensure the coordination of content structure and functionality for all the content collections.
Here's the type of person we are looking for:
- 4+ years experience with at least 2 years of digital experience or someone who gets it and is willing to learn from the current Regulatory Specialist.
- Proficiency with XML, XSLT, XPATH is ESSENTIAL, experience with Regular Expression, Python desirable
- World class organizational skills are ESSENTIAL, with the ability to oversee and prioritize multiple simultaneous workflows.
- Clear and consistent communication style.
- Commitment to deadlines and timelines.
- Comfortable with taking charge and making decisions based on the practicalities of the current situation.
- Awesome at managing people.
- A creative problem solver to assemble the tools at hand to manage data manipulation issues, including creating tools/applications in XML/XSLT, Excel, Microsoft Access (including VBA scripting), advanced Word, etc
- Experience with other tools/applications is important, but even more important is the willingness to think creatively and develop additional skills.
- Environment, health and safety experience is helpful, but the content teams are primarily responsible for scoping the content.
- Comfortable with fast-paced environments and rapidly changing priorities.
- Role can be Vancouver based or remote based. However, daily constant collaboration is required with Canada and US East and West coast content and technical team members. Expect daily, weekly, biweekly, monthly, etc., scheduled meetings, and several additional hours per day of video calls. Must have scheduled availability for collaboration with MIS partners, clients and IT development teams in Vancouver, US (primarily Eastern time) India and Australia.
We offer a hybrid pleasant and entrepreneurial atmosphere with a professional environment and the company offers a comprehensive group benefits plan.
Please send resumes to hiring[at]stpub[dot]com before end of day October 31, 2022
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.