The Moose Jaw Express (MooseJawExpress.com) is a locally owned and operated publication aimed at keeping people informed in our community. Our weekly edition is distributed to over 22,000 homes in approximately 68 communities in Saskatchewan.
We are looking for a Business Development Representative with the proven ability to hunt for new business (cold calling and door-to-door). The BDR’s core responsibilities are to grow their portfolio of advertising clients through new business development, nurture business relationships, and execute a multitude of advertising projects. Prospect new business in all mediums, including: digital, newspaper, event sponsorship, and magazines; develop new sales opportunities through new revenue channels or products; Attend industry networking events.
- Outside Sales Experience
- Solid planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Expertise in consultative audience based selling and proven negotiation skills
- A self-starter who can work in a fast-paced environment with multiple and changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills; proactive, energetic and a team player
- Ability to write and create proposals and deliver engaging presentations
- Have a positive attitude and a love of sales
- Strong willingness to learn, with a proven ability to meet deliverables.
- Post-secondary education in marketing, sales or another related discipline •
- Minimum of two years sales experience, preferably in an advertising environment
- Ability to travel locally; access to a vehicle and driver’s license.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience selling digital services including SEO, SEM, programmatic and sponsored content is an asset
Location: 32 Manitoba Street West, Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan
We offer a strong uncapped commission package on top of a base salary and a full suite of health/dental benefits. Full training program provided.
Please email your resume by August 10th to: Robert Ritchie, Publisher/General Manager (rritchie[at]moosejawtoday[dot]com)