The Glacier Benefits Administrator manages the company's benefits Canada-wide. Benefit offerings include: group health and dental coverage, retirement plans (RRSP and Pensions), disability, and life insurance. The Benefits Administrator role provides proactive improvements to current benefits offerings and administration; implements and maintains outstanding benefits programs. This role supports the HR Department in a fast-paced, dynamic, global operation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains benefit records; initiating new-hire benefits; recording changes
- Resolves employee questions and problems by interpreting benefit policies and procedures.
- Maintain centralized documentation on each benefit and insurance policy.
- Manage and maintain up-to-date benefit records for all staff, including family status and salary changes
- Coordinate and manage all disability and WCB claims; including acting as a liaison between sites and potential gradual return to work plans; maintain disability files.
- Manage benefit cost recovery process for all medical/maternity leaves
- Deliver personalized benefit orientations for new staff and manage the collection of new hire paperwork and enrollment into each employee file
- Ensure timely and engaging communication of global benefits policies and practices.
- Acting as liaison between insurance companies and employees for all benefit related questions.
- Prepare, and assist with all year-end processes, including all pension related adjustments, employee follow-up on potential forfeited amounts, ensuring compliance of any/all Retirement plans (RRSP, Pension, etc.) Oversee completion and submission of required filings.
- Expedites delivery of benefits by establishing and maintaining working relationships with benefit providers.
- Review and provide recommendations in the standardization and viability of current benefits programs such as Health, Life and Disability Benefits, Group Retirement Benefits (RRSP and Pensions)
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Prepares reports as required by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assisting with any HR related matters as needed and providing Payroll relief and support
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-4 years of professional experience administering global benefits, including retirement plans/pensions.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and skill level with MSoft basic desktop Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be comfortable working with external clients/vendors
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple administrative tasks.
- A team-based "Musketeer" environment working with a dynamic group of goal-oriented individuals where input and contribution is greatly valued and rewarded.
We offer competitive salary and benefit offering, including RRSP matching program.
Please send your resume and cover letter complete with salary expectations to: humancapital[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca