We’re looking for a journalist who is committed to connecting with all generations of our farm audience and engaging with them through content on all media channels (print, web, video, audio and social). The Audience Engagement Editor is a new role that will contribute to developing media products that connect farmers with the content they want and need to learn and grow on their farm.
This role will report to the Executive Vice-President of Digital Innovation, Strategy and Partnerships and become a pivotal part of a cross-functional team of colleagues and mentors that includes reporters, editors, UX/UI designers, web developers, and product managers, who work with many publications in our internal innovation program.
The purpose of the Audience Engagement Editor role is to connect with all generations of our farm audience and engaging with them through content on all media channels (print, web, video, audio and social). This role will pay a pivotal role in developing new media products that connect farmers with the content they want and need to learn and grow on their farm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explore new ways to connect the content from our network of publications with every member of a farm family, each of whom contributes to the success story of their farm.
- Dive into the data and interview farmers to gather feedback to better understand how people connect with the content shared by our publications and use those insights to guide our content strategies.
- Develop recommendations on content, features, products, and processes that support connections between our audience and our content.
- Establish content strategies using new, archived and evergreen content based on what you are learning about the needs of our audience.
- Contribute stories, features, photos, video, audio to our publications and to serve as a host of meetings and online forums as required.
- Assigns tasks to reporters and contributors and edits copy for publication for all media channels.
- Supports the recruitment of farmers who are interested in creating content
- 8+ years of experience in content strategy or journalism, preferably with a keen understanding and regard for the Canadian agriculture experience.
- A keen awareness based on field experience and willingness to learn more about our audience’s content needs.
- Time spent working with multi-media through video, audio, social media in a full-time role or through experimentation in a print-focused role.
- A self-starter who is motivated to experiment and work independently and advocate for their ideas with a demonstrated ability to work with a diverse and dynamic team.
- A commitment to fairness, accuracy and balance in content creation while also exhibiting a strong commitment to clean copy in accordance with the CP style.
- A willingness to operate in an innovation environment where there is a clear purpose, but day-to-day tactics may be less predictable.
- Experience with digital tools for web publishing, social media management, Google analytics or any content measurement software solutions are all assets.
- Fluent in Canadian Press Style guidelines;
- Capable of operating efficiently in a deadline-oriented environment;
- Able to create compelling, concise and engaging headlines, decks, and callouts;
- Able to proofread copy on pages in print and online;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a member of a team
This role is ‘remote’ and can work anywhere within Canada.
We thank all those who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.