Glacier Weather Information Inc. operating as METOS Canada, is a partnership between Glacier FarmMedia and Pessl Instruments GmbH, Austria. We market, distribute, and support agricultural Internet-of-Things (IoT) including a variety of weather monitoring stations, ground probes, camera products, and other devices for applications that include remote field monitoring, weather monitoring and forecasting, crop yield prediction, water management, disease modelling, insect monitoring, nutrition management and soil sampling.
- Passionate about agricultural and / or technology.
- Technically adept and quick to learn new hardware and software.
- Well-organized and process oriented.
- A good communicator in person, through video conferencing, phone, and email.
- Able to thrive in a “start-up” environment with changing priorities and rapid growth.
- Continually demonstrating a positive “can do” attitude.
- Able to lift / carry equipment of up to 40 pounds within the warehouse and in some cases from the road to an installation site on the property.
What you’ll do:
The Precision Ag Technician supports METOS Canada dealers, partners, and customers by testing and shipping equipment, providing technical support, proactively monitoring a network of devices, and trouble-shooting issues related to Metos equipment and software. As METOS Canada is preparing for growth, the role may expand with new opportunities for learning and advancement.
RESPONSIBILITIES to METOS Canada include:
- Testing weather monitoring and other Ag IoT devices according to required specifications.
- Recording activities and information in the Customer Management System.
- Monitoring IoT devices, SIM cards, and call/ticket logs to spot issues and trends.
- Assessing and resolving technical issues.
- Installing and maintaining equipment at various locations in Canada, primarily in Manitoba.
- Training dealers and partners on basic technical support.
- Instructing others on proper use and optimal utility of hardware and software.
- Handing packaging, shipping, and receiving
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge
- Enrolled in post secondary education in agriculture or technology.
- Experience in agriculture, sales, service, training, or other related work experience preferred.
- Ability to use standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel to customers locations.
A valid driver’s license with a presentable and reliable vehicle is required.
We offer a great working environment, competitive wages ($18 - $20 per hour). If this sounds like a suitable fit, please email your resume in confidence to: humanresources[at]farmmedia[dot]com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.