Glacier FarmMedia (GFM) is Canada’s largest farm publisher and operator of Canada’s foremost farm shows: Ag in Motion and Canada’s Outdoor Farm Show, located on the Discovery Farm sites in Langham, SK and Woodstock, ON. With growth as our mindset, other events will be added to the event division in the future.
SEE Technology. TOUCH Innovation. BE Empowered.
Our Mission: Ag in Motion as the largest agricultural trade show in Western Canada, provides an outdoor venue for progressive farmers that want to see and feel the latest agricultural innovations – all in one place. Ag in Motion brings innovation to the field through interactive exhibits and live field and crop plot demonstrations. The Expo was created to empower farmers by providing the knowledge they need to make informed decisions.
Our Goal: Ag in Motion is committed to exceptional customer service, providing an exceptional experience to our attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, and supporters. It is for this reason we ask everyone assisting us to provide outstanding customer service to all.
Job Purpose: We are searching for multiple summer term positions in July! We have Equipment Operator roles and Farm and Event Hand positions available. Many shifts are available between July 4 and July 27. For details, please contact hr[at]farmmedia[dot]com
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unload and load various equipment arriving at the expo with telehandlers and Ag Tractors
- Stage the equipment on client’s booth spaces with the guidance of clients
- Assist show staff with expo needs i.e., unloading things for expo, moving large items to designated spots, etc.
- Landscaping including but not limited to mowing, whipper snipping, weeding
- Vehicle, fence, water system, and equipment maintenance
- Preparation and daily maintenance of equipment and machinery
- Event preparation including but not limited to setting up tables, chairs, signs
- Experience in equipment operation, 3 or more years. Preference to those who have operated telehandlers and forklifts
- Preference is those with past PME and forklift certifications
- Experience operating farm and other machinery including skid steer, telehandler, aerial work platforms, and tractors. Training will be provided on necessary equipment
- Carry out directions diligently working alone and with others
- Able to work in a highly changeable environment
- Applicants must provide their own steel-toed boots
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces
- Ability to lift objects heavier than 50lbs
Please apply to hr[at]farmmedia[dot]com or submit via job posting. If sending direct, you must include the job title in the subject line. All applicants must apply with a resume and cover letter clearly stating salary expectations, no later than June 30, 2022.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.
Glacier FarmMedia is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We are an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our team and communities. Should you need accommodation at any point in the process, please advise us.