METOS Canada, a partnership between Glacier FarmMedia and Pessl Instruments GmbH, Austria. We market, distribute, and support agricultural Internet-of-Things (IoT) including a variety of wireless sensors and devices with applications that include remote field monitoring, weather monitoring and forecasting, water management, disease modelling, insect monitoring and nutrition management.
The Ag IoT Support Specialist supports METOS Canada partners and customers by providing technical support, proactive monitoring, and trouble-shooting related to Metos equipment and software. This new role, based in Winnipeg, will be mentored, coached, and evaluated by a senior leader in METOS Canada. As METOS Canada grows, the role may expand with new opportunities for learning and advancement.
- Installing and maintaining equipment at various locations primarily in Manitoba;
- Pre-testing equipment, assessing and resolving technical issues with partners and customers, as received by phone or email. This includes handling repairs and warranty claims;
- Training partners on basic technical support;
- Monitoring stations, SIM cards, and call/ticket logs to spot trends and proactively support resellers and customers;
- Troubleshoot and manage warranty issues and related logistics, minimizing inconvenience for the customer (grower) and reseller/dealer;
- Instructing others on proper use and optimal utility of hardware and software.
- Well-organized and process-oriented;
- A natural communicator, managing multiple relationships and keeping on top of stakeholder updates and resolution of technical issues;
- Technically adept and quick to learn new hardware, software, and sensor configurations;
- Very good at working within a distributed team under pressure to solve problems;
- Highly partner-focused and invested in their success;
- Able to thrive in a “start-up” environment with changing priorities and rapid growth;
- Passionate about agricultural IoT and ag tech and its potential for better outcomes for growers.
Valid driver’s license with a presentable and reliable vehicle is required.
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary including an attractive benefits package. If this sounds like the perfect fit, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: humanresources[at]farmmedia[dot]com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.