Are you the type of person who obsessively compares and contrasts vacuums, hunts down the latest deal on patio furniture and loves a gift guide for every person and every occasion?
At Glacier Media, we love telling stories that matter to our community, while also giving our readers practical advice on where to go, what to buy and how to make their lives easier.
We’re looking for an Affiliate Editorial Lead to help us manage and create content around reader-serving deals, product reviews and buyer guides across a variety of channels including our news websites, social media and newsletters.
Like us, you thrive on making data-driven decisions and creating content that resonates with readers and can drive purchase intent through SEO optimization. You’re an innovative leader with experience in editing and writing creative content (experience writing for Canadian publications is strongly preferred) and think outside the box.
In this role, you will be accountable for the editorial direction and workflow of affiliate marketing content across the site, coordinating with both the sales and marketing teams, as well as writing, editing and managing other content producers.
- Work with the VP Content, Local News Network, to develop a strategy for beats and products to feature, and assign projects to writers
- Project manage multiple guides and articles with different writers; manage deadlines; plan and oversee product research; edit and revise copy, and work closely with experienced Glacier Media editors to ensure stories are up to our editorial standards and style guidelines
- Use data to support potential story ideas and track performance; work with our product, audience and SEO teams to plan new content
- Coordinate with our audience team and local Glacier Media editors to ensure article placement within newsletters
- Coordinate with our social strategist on paid conversion campaigns
- Write short-form and long-form content as necessary
- 3+ years of experience working at a media company or as a copywriter
- Either: experience writing and editing reviews of general products or services; or experience writing and editing news
- Excellent communication and task management skills in a remote work environment via Slack, Trello and video calls
- Experience with understanding SEO and web analytics data for editorial decisions, creating test plans for product evaluation, collaborating with an art director and/or photo editor to present content visually
- Experience with basic HTML and CMS systems
If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to Katie Mercer (kmercer[at]glaciermedia[dot]ca )
Deadline for submissions: April 30, 2021
Thank you for your interest in this position and for your submission. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be notified.