Richmond News is an award-winning newspaper owned by Glacier Media Group. Since 1977, Richmond News is your valued community information source for local news, business, sports, food, arts & entertainment and municipal affairs. The Richmond News publishes weekly in print and 24/7 online: approximately 44,000 printed and delivered to Richmond households, and on average our website generates more than 1.4 million page views per month.
We have an immediate opening for a natural leader who will bring your years of experience to the position of Advertising Sales Manager for the Richmond News.
You will provide overall direction and mentorship to the sales team. Prior experience dealing directly with clients on weekly advertising needs as well as the full suite of print & digital advertising solutions is a must. Working with the executive team to develop and implement a concise and strategic sales and marketing business plan that will lead the organizations overall growth.
- As part of the Executive Team, develop strategic plans and direction to grow business opportunities to meet yearly revenue budgets
- Work with sales team to help achieve profitable and sustainable revenue growth
- Coach and develop team members on sales techniques and effective client management
- Build and improve on value proposition and service offerings including development of marketing plan
- Provide support to ensure the completion of each sales transaction, i.e. from research, presentation, negotiation, ad production to campaign fulfillment
- Provide accurate sales planning and forecasting through CRM tool
- Manage team performance and maintain accurate client information
- Lead by example and create a positive work culture
- Meet deadlines by providing weekly, monthly, quarterly & annual reports
- Post-secondary education – Business Administration, Marketing or Commerce degree preferred
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience in sales management with a proven sales track record.
- Sales and/or Sales Management experience in advertising and media required
- Strong understanding of digital media and advertising is essential
- Proven success in developing, managing and leading a high performance sales team
- Strong understanding of, and connection to the local business community is a must
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate senior level sales professionals
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Experience in a deadline driven environment
- Possess excellent presentation and communication skills
- Proven success in developing and implementing new sales product offerings
- Experience in solutions based service sales in a CRM sales environment an asset
- Strong business and financial acumen
If you have what it takes, and are looking for a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
Please apply directly by email with your cover letter, resume and compensation expectations to: Alvin Chow, Publisher, Richmond News (achow[at]glaciemedia[dot]ca)
Application deadline: August 27, 2021