The Powell River Peak has been Powell River’s trusted news source for over 24 years, informing our community and beyond through print and digital media. We are seeking an outgoing individual with great attention to detail, quick decision-making and multi-tasking skills to join our team. This is a fast-paced environment requiring quick thinking and excellent communication abilities.
- General office duties
- Completes daily banking
- The entry of payables to the AP department
- Support with sales ad entries into DTI when needed
- Liaising with customers and supporting circulation, classified and sales departments
- Coordinating and planning company events
Required skills and experience:
- 1-2 years experience working in an office environment in an administrative capacity.
- Sales/marketing experience an asset
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Dedicated and enthusiastic attitude and basic knowledge of the local retail market
- High-level commitment to customer service and a competitive, self-motivated approach to work
- Must be focused and have an eye for detail
- A “how can I help” attitude
- A valid driver’s license and use of own vehicle
This position offers an attractive compensation package including excellent health and welfare benefits.
Please send resume in confidence to: Kelly Keil, Publisher
Powell River Peak
Unit-F 4493 Marine Avenue
Powell River, BC V8A 2K3
Deadline for applications: Friday, December 13, 2019