Under the supervision of the Advertising Office Supervisor, provides exceptional customer service to advertisers while promoting company products. The Ad Clerk should have a good working knowledge in using social media to promote ads that are placed with the Western Producer. In addition, this position is involved in processing advertising material and performing a variety of clerical functions.
- Communicates extensively with advertising customers and sales staff in the placement, production and scheduling of ads. Customer service is provided by telephone, fax, e-mail, mail and in-office.
- Processes ad material from originating form through to finished product. Inputs copy and other material to computerized production system, proofs ads and ensures proper scheduling.
- Screens advertisements to ensure they are acceptable for publication; refers questionable ads to department supervisor for approval.
- Participates in social media promotion of customer classified ads for enhanced results.
- Performs assigned clerical duties relating to customer billings, credit card transactions, prepaid advertising accounts, box number service, etc.
- Participates in the maintenance of various files and records. Assists in the preparation of statistical and other reports as needed.
- Performs general office functions and other duties as required.
- Good working knowledge of spreadsheet and data entry.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Some general knowledge of farming is considered an asset.
- Ability and desire to work extensively with the public in a courteous and friendly manner.\
We offer a great working environment, competitive salary including an attractive benefits package. If this sounds like the perfect fit, please email your resume and cover letter in confidence to: human.resources[at]producer[dot]com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful candidates will be contacted.